Where to buy roaches?

CharlieRae

I want try out red runners & orange heads for my panther chameleon. He refuses Dubia. Where can I buy either or both of these? I can't seem to find small-ish quantities. I dont want to buy 50+ if he wont eat them & be stuck with a bunch of bugs. Hes my only reptile.
Thanks!

James has variety packs, I think. So you can try a few. Orange heads are nice, but they get BIG, so you need to feed them off before they get full sized (plenty of time to do so, unless you forget about them like I do!). They're very active. Can't speak to runners, but I got Halloween Hissers from James that were also good sized feeders for a full grown panther. They are probably the only roach that I think looks kinda cool. :p

James has variety packs, I think. So you can try a few. Orange heads are nice, but they get BIG, so you need to feed them off before they get full sized (plenty of time to do so, unless you forget about them like I do!). They're very active. Can't speak to runners, but I got Halloween Hissers from James that were also good sized feeders for a full grown panther. They are probably the only roach that I think looks kinda cool. :p

My guy is almost 9 months old. So not quite full grown

Everyday for over 2 weeks. He ate 3.
Sorry, I should have also asked, did you break down during that period and give him something else?

They're all individuals, and all different. It could very well be that he doesn't like dubias and would rather starve, but that would be very unusual.

Dubias are just an excellent feeder, and if you're not going to raise them yourself, they're readily available. It'd be nice if your cham's behavior could be modified to accept them. That's all. :)

Sorry, I should have also asked, did you break down during that period and give him something else?

They're all individuals, and all different. It could very well be that he doesn't like dubias and would rather starve, but that would be very unusual.

Dubias are just an excellent feeder, and if you're not going to raise them yourself, they're readily available. It'd be nice if your cham's behavior could be modified to accept them. That's all. :)

Hes a dirt eater. I didnt give him other bugs, but he ate dirt. Little Ahole. I posted about his weird dirt eating in another thread. I think you commented on it.

Back
Top Bottom