Where to buy baby male veiled? What breeder?

Renashe

I'm in the market for a baby male veiled chameleon! This will be my first reptile but I've owned many pets in the past. Which breeders would you guys recommend? Also for veiled, do they have tendencies to have different colors? As much as they change, do they have color variations like panthers do? I'm really excited to learn more about them. I've always loved chameleons and now I'm moving out of my apartment and into my own home where so can keep one.

Are there any cage kits that are a good deal or should I compile a cage myself? What would you lizard wizards recommended for a beginner like me?

Hello and welcome!

If you are looking to purchase, many of our site sponsors sell, as well as many of the forum members, myself included ( I have veileds for sale now)

As for cages, you can buy a kit, or build it yourself.

Personally, the kits don't come with nearly enough stuff for foliage and such.

Have you read the care sheet on here?

Veileds are primarily green with yellow/orange stripes, but they do get brighter, and have varying shades of green or yellow.

I'm in the market for a baby male veiled chameleon! This will be my first reptile but I've owned many pets in the past. Which breeders would you guys recommend? Also for veiled, do they have tendencies to have different colors? As much as they change, do they have color variations like panthers do? I'm really excited to learn more about them. I've always loved chameleons and now I'm moving out of my apartment and into my own home where so can keep one.

Are there any cage kits that are a good deal or should I compile a cage myself? What would you lizard wizards recommended for a beginner like me?

well you can see the site sponsers see if there are any breeders of veiled's in there, I know http://www.flchams.com/ has some

As far as their colors, they wont be as "crazy" as say a panther may be, but you will find various different color's in veiled chameleons, you just need to look around.

if you want to learn a ton quickly, browse through all the care sheets, and read the forums often, you will prob see a question you have discussed often.

Congrats on moving out as well :)

and about chage set ups, most people will tell you to get a metal screened cage from either diy cages, lllreptiple, or reptibreeze to name a few, size is mostly dependent on the size of chameleon you get, and if you cup feed or let the bugs free and let the chameleon "hunt". If you cup feed you can usually get away putting a smaller chameleon into an adult cage so long as you have ton of foliage and branches, as well as proper lighting, but if you "hunt feed" then its recommend you gradually increase the cage size so its easier for them to find food.

and lastly I would say most important thing you need is proper lighting, you need a uvb bulb preferably tube, you need a basking light for heat, and depending on your cage you may want an additional light for brightness, and or a grow light 6500k for live plants. But without proper lighting your chameleon can develop some bad health issues.

I have read the care sheet (and many other threads about folks starting out like me!) and I have friends who are very experienced with reptiles. I think my preference for color are the turquoise ones! I was just curious, the all look gorgeous and stunning to me. I have looked at the site sponsors but wanted your guy's input as well :]

Thanks! I am a college student and I've been in an apartment for the last year. I'm moving into a house with my two college age siblings and would love an animal to keep me company and to look at.

Back
Top Bottom