Where to buy a panther cham for my daughter.

esmo

Hows everyone its been a while since ive posted had bought my daughter a Ambilobe Panther a few weeks back and he was doing good was eating crickets, fruit flies drinking water and now this morning he passed away so my daughter is devastated and want to replace it for her was wondering if anyone could recommend some where to buy one to replace it for her at a fair price I already lost on one and dont want it to happen again. Have all supplies dripper cage plants vitamin calcium lights just badluck I guess. Thanks in advance
Oh im in los angeles

I'm sorry to hear about your panther passing. How old is your daughter? Chameleons really aren't for children. They require allot of special care. Before you buy another chameleon I highly recommend you fill out the form linked below so that the experienced keepers here can make sure you were doing everything correct to keep a chameleon alive and healthy. I'm sure you wouldn't want to buy another one and have something happen to it.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

She is 15 I was helping her with it we were feeding him about 8-10 crickets dusted with Repashy vitamin and calcium he was also being fed fruit flies he was thriving but honestly dont know what happened spoke to breeder had bought it from and he also lost a few of his think maybe genetics not sure. I had jackson and veiled chams before so I am familiar with there care but dont know what happened.

If you can wait, there's usually a reptile show in either Los Angeles or the OC fair grounds every couple of months. There are usually a few cham vendors there. Actually Repticon is at the OC Fairgrounds November 14 & 15.

Any of the site sponsors would be the best place to look. You would at least feel confident you were getting a healthy animal. I find some of the venders (not all) at reptile shows to be as ill informed as Petco. If you buy one from a reptile show I would try to look up the venders and do a little research on them first.

I would like to say if your Cham died in two weeks time I'd think the breeder would cough up some of your money considering he thought it was genetics. Bad genes I would think fall to the breeder.

I totally agree but dont want to fight or hassle with breeder wasnt to offering or helpful so ill just bite the bullet and buy her one hopefully from someone here.

I got mine from Petco and it's the worst place to buy a Chameleon. They also don't carry them so they kept one from their Reptile show near Richmond, VA --- When I found out they had it, I felt terrible and took him home for $300.

http://screameleons.com/ is great- they are a sponsor on this website. Panthers cost $300 but online you can get them for $225 plus $50 shipping.

I've done business with a few site sponsors, canvas chameleons, flchams, and chameleons northwest and would happily purchase again from all of them. Depends on what your looking for, locale- specific color barring etc. I would get one older as possible say 6 month range if it's for a younger owner that could give you some more leeway than a fragile hatchling. You may also want to post pics of your set up and exact supplement regimine, they shouldn't just drop dead overnight without many symptoms showing first. Wishing you good luck!

I'm in LA, and I have a few 5/6 month old Nosy Faly babies. I'm planning on selling them, but I want to make sure they go to a good home (I'm not really a breeder, so these are more like family members than a source of income). given your recent result I'd like to see pics of the setup first....and you'd probably have to get a misting system (no, I don't sell them).

Back
Top Bottom