Where should i have my lights?

I'm trying to decide where to have my lights to best suit my setup. I have a t5 ho double bulb fixture with a Arcadia 6% ubv 24w and a 6500k plant bulb
I also have a 65w reflector incandescent bulb and another 75w grow light bulb.
My main concern is will the lights be to hot on the expanding foam I'm using?? I'm currently taking temps for this. Also is it best to have the basking bulbs near the rear of the cage or the front? Is the 6500k bulb best utilized in a different spot. Let me know thoughts please. I will be taking and recording my temps throughout my tests.
20190131_163533.jpg
20190131_163413.jpg
20190131_164122.jpg

Also I know I should raise my basking fixtures so a cham cant get burns. This might effect temps. Any suggestions for this aswell? I was thinking a hanging hook and chain.

So I think you are good. I have read that lighting should be placed from the front. That way the whole cage is lit. With your T5 hood just make sure that your 6% arcadia bulb is placed in the fixture toward the back with the daylight bulb being closest to you. Hope that makes sense. I would suspend the domes in case you get a little buddy that likes to screen climb. Also angle the dome with heat so that it lines up with your uvb basking area.

Attachments

• lighting angle .jpg
    lighting angle .jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 80
Beman ur freaking awesome! I've appreciated all the help uve been giving me on just about all the questions I've had! This is truly the best place to get friendly help and input!

Beman ur freaking awesome! I've appreciated all the help uve been giving me on just about all the questions I've had! This is truly the best place to get friendly help and input!
Awww thanks that is really nice of you! I don't know near as much as I would like but I try to help out where I actually have knowledge lol. Your doing a great job doing the research first and getting everything in perfect running order! I love the people here as well. They have helped me so much. :)

Back
Top Bottom