Where should I buy plants?

Which are the absolute best ? I have a veiled and I am going to be purchasing some plants..

Pathos can handle the water, are a vine you can train to cover your branches, grow fast, come in several colors, and are available everywhere. Unlike Ficus and Sheffelera, they don't loose leaves, and then need replacement.:D

Pathos can handle the water, are a vine you can train to cover your branches, grow fast, come in several colors, and are available everywhere. Unlike Ficus and Sheffelera, they don't loose leaves, and then need replacement.:D

Is pothos strictly an indoor plant? I want to use it outdoors.

Luis

Is pothos strictly an indoor plant? I want to use it outdoors.

Luis

Here's a little of what I read "They can be grown outside in a warm shaded area like a green house, balcony or patio. You can also plant them in the ground under other larger plants to protect them from the sun. Make sure you choose a location that does not expose them to the harsh midday and afternoon sun. This plant thrives in a narrow range of conditions. So you'd need to live in a region that had temperature fluctuations only between 83F to 63F, plus put it in the shade. Direct sun for too long will scorch it. Plus it doesn't like to be wet, so no rain.

Here's a little of what I read "They can be grown outside in a warm shaded area like a green house, balcony or patio. You can also plant them in the ground under other larger plants to protect them from the sun. Make sure you choose a location that does not expose them to the harsh midday and afternoon sun. This plant thrives in a narrow range of conditions. So you'd need to live in a region that had temperature fluctuations only between 83F to 63F, plus put it in the shade. Direct sun for too long will scorch it. Plus it doesn't like to be wet, so no rain.

I see, I am in Southern CA so it is probably a bad idea to keep them outdoors. Thanks.

Luis

In our Cali heat the pathos will die outdoors now. I recently put mine outside in a very cool area and it still started to die.

I ended up getting a schefflera but I am still getting a pothos ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371356775.422178.jpg

I have hibiscus in my veileds enclosure. They are doing great indoors with a grow light. They thrive outdoors as far as I know. They like the sun light. I have always found them to be very hardy and there is such a large variety in color and in type of flowers. (some have single layer of petals while others have multi layers). My veiled loves to munch on their leaves too and they are completely safe for him.

Hope this helps. Oh, I picked mine up from Lowes...:D

I have hibiscus in my veileds enclosure. They are doing great indoors with a grow light. They thrive outdoors as far as I know. They like the sun light. I have always found them to be very hardy and there is such a large variety in color and in type of flowers. (some have single layer of petals while others have multi layers). My veiled loves to munch on their leaves too and they are completely safe for him.

Hope this helps. Oh, I picked mine up from Lowes...:D

Ok you answered my question about which hibiscus to get and whichever is good ok thanks...... Have any pictures?

I am afraid they use some chemicals on the plants. I asked the sales people and they said they did not know so I did not want to take the chance. What do you do?

I am afraid they use some chemicals on the plants. I asked the sales people and they said they did not know so I did not want to take the chance. What do you do?

First, if the plant is small enough get a bucket with water with a couple drops of dish soap. Remove the soil from the plant. Place the plant upside down in the bucket and move it up and down then rinse the plant with clean water. Do this a few times and then repot in organic soil with no fertilizer. After you have repotted cover the soil with large stones that your chameleon can not eat.

I got my hibiscus from Lowes and that is what I did. Rebel loves his plants and its ok when he munches on the leaves. Mine are growing but not blooming. I think this may be because Rebel keeps eating the plant and probably eats the flower buds. lol

Hope this helps....:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom