Where has the time gone?

chams1

Holy moly, it's been ages since I've been on here!! I've been meaning to sit down and get on almost every day, but just get busy with other things.

Where to start....... Well, first off I want to say "Hi!" to all my friends on here and also to those of you whom I have not met! :D It's been too long. My firm transferred me to a different office location and I've just been super swamped every day since then and am wiped when I get home and after cham chores. Here's what been happening:

To those of you who knew Newbie (prolific egg-laying melleri), she passed away in late December. :( Poor girl. She laid yet another clutch in October (of course, she laid them in her food bucket....after she ate all her food....) and this one was just too much for her and she wasn't quite the same after that. I had some hopes for this clutch since she bred again with the same male, Magna Cham, but alas, they were infertile. This clutch took a toll on her physically, and she developed a couple issues, including a bad respiratory infection, which untimately caused her demise. She laid 4 clutches in a mere 16 months!! :eek: I believe this is (or should be) a new record for a melleri.
Around the same time, I had a couple other tough losses, including my best male panther (whom I had acquired from Catherine) and a few various uroplatus.

I have also had some personal issues arise and, sad to say, I am selling most of what I currently have. As hard as this was for me to come to terms with, it is something that I need to do. The hardest thing is picking and choosing who stays and who goes. I have, of course, decided to keep the melleri for as long as possible. That is the one species that I have been working with the longest (and hardest) so I want to keep what I have. I currently have a decent colony, including 5 adults (including the 2 that I recently acquired from GoFast), one sub-adult and one baby. I do have a couple confirmed females in the group, so hopefully between them and Magna Cham (who LOVES the females), hopefully I can get something going in that respect. I have also been having a hard time deciding if I should let all of my colonies of uroplatus go, but have decided to let them go as well. Everything I have that is going, chams and uros, will be placed in the classifieds shortly. A couple of weeks ago, I sold my first wave of chams at our local show and it was amazing at how that night it was noticably different. :( It is truly amazing how we become so attached to these magnificent creatures.

Anyway, just wanted to pop on here and tell you all hi and say that I haven't forgotten about you.

Sincerely,

Julie

hello and glad to meet you sorry to hear about your losses but it sounds like you have quite the collection going on, very cool

Good to see you on here and very sorry to hear about your losses and that you have to down size. My thoughts are with you and all the best to you.

A bunch of us were talking at the last show and wondering where you had been. Sorry to hear that you are letting most of your stuff go. :( Give me a ring when you have some free time.

Oh Julie I'm so sorry about all your losses! That's terrible. Although I'm glad to see you on the forums again.

Thanks!!

Thanks you guys!! I missed you!! Yes, I was supposed to be at Pomona in January (my favorite show) and I just wasn't able to make it happen, but I'm sorry I missed hanging with everyone there. :(

Thanks also for the well-wishes. They are much appreciated! :D

Are you still keeping up with the non living side of things? Shirts and stuff?

Trying to, but we'll see. Why - you have some hunky dory designs for me?? I was actually thinking about trying to pull a "Mike" and have someone else run my booths for me out there.... :D

Trying to, but we'll see. Why - you have some hunky dory designs for me?? I was actually thinking about trying to pull a "Mike" and have someone else run my booths for me out there.... :D

LOL-He is good at that isn't he!

I'd love to help w/the booth - you still owe me a gecko by the way. :D

:D It seems I do, now that you mention it! I haven't hatched too many of those G. Marginata in the last few months. I just had one hatch about a week ago and for some reason it up and died on me just yesterday. :mad: BUT I still have 2 more in the cooker.... ;)

:D It seems I do, now that you mention it! I haven't hatched too many of those G. Marginata in the last few months. I just had one hatch about a week ago and for some reason it up and died on me just yesterday. :mad: BUT I still have 2 more in the cooker.... ;)
Aw so sorry to hear. :( I don't have much room at the moment anyways, unless you are interested in a crested trade. :D

Weather is heating up though so you might have to hold it until October. :eek:

Hope you are doing well! Nice to hear from you again.

Nice to see you back.

Don't you owe me a free gecko too? :D Just kidding, welcome back :)

Thanks!! :D

Sabrina did some work for me to earn that gecko. What are you going to do? (Hint: I could use a really swell outdoor enclosure for my argus monitors.....) :rolleyes:;)

Could I get two geckos for that :D lol.

Chad- Don't you owe me some boehmei? :p

Oops, I think I started something. :eek:

COME ON, I worked in a sweat shop making her shirts for like 7 months.

Back
Top Bottom