Where do you keep all of your chams???

This reply is for Jim (Alchemy) who wanted to see how I used the plywood under my cages. Spent some time taking photos of a lot of cage setups today. Here goes:

Temporary set up for hatchling cages in my front foyer. I need to get a better display cabinet for underneath but you can see how the plywood extends the surface area:

Baby Cages.jpg

Two cages on a sheet of plywood on top of a decorative chest in my home office. I use ESU combo light fixtures for all my cages. This one has 2 30" fixtures across both cages. I get a total of 2 Reptisun flourescents and 4 screw in heat/light bulbs that both cages share:

Home Office #1.jpg

Another picture in my home office. Two more cages on a sheet of plywood on top of a storage cabinet:

Home Office #2.jpg

A picture of three cages in my exercise room. The cages are on a sheet of plywood on top of a chest of drawers. This setup has two 48" ESU combo hoods across the top. So I get 2 48" Reptisun flourescents and 8 screw in heat/light bulbs that the three cages share. I can mix the screw in bulbs around to get proper heating, etc.

Exercise Room #1.jpg

Another couple of cages on plywood and furniture in the exercise room:

Exercise Room #2.jpg

You can also put the plywood on wheeled moving dollies. I got several from Home Depot. Those cages will sit lower to the ground and you can wheel them around. There is just enough clearance under the dolly for power strips, cords and timers. I put up to three cages on those.

Hope this helps with ideas for someone in the group.

Last edited:
Awesome, you have a nice looking home. Your husband is very understanding to help you show your love for your animals... nice work

Catherine-Thanks so much for posting your pics! The cages do look nice with the ceramic pots! I am so glad that I started this thread because I have gotten so many GREAT ideas from it!
One thing that I am certainly going to do is start a set up like Chad with the metal shelf system! That will certainly get me more cages in my dining room and looks much more organized, then I will start buying cages and pretty ceramic pots!

hey i keep mine all in my room. lol i have 5 now 1 male veiled, 1 male fischers, 2 jackson's male and female, and my newet addition a baby nosy be panther!! i built all of there cages and they are all seperate. but i want to soon build a massive chameleo condo lol that would house all of chams in one big structure( seperate cages within it of course). with a built in sprinkler system

Hey Katherine,

Thanks for sharing those pictures! Your setup and house are beautifully thought out! I wish I could stay home all day to watch my little critters!! You must have lots of fun :)

Jim

Ren.........I buy sandblasted Manzanita branches from LLL Reptile. The thinner top parts break off and I put those in the hatchling or baby cages. The largest pieces for the biggest cages are a bit pricey but they last forever. I've had some of them long before I got chams. They are very smooth and easier to clean than the "rough" formable artificial vines. I used to use those.

Back
Top Bottom