Where did these flies come from?

Hyperpower

I have no real plants or anything growing in my cage but it seems like they hang around it and near my baby veiled's uv light. I've only got a few fake plants...vines and some of that moss carpet at the bottom...alos noticed some small black bugs but im not sure if they came from inside the cage?

I have no real plants or anything growing in my cage but it seems like they hang around it and near my baby veiled's uv light. I've only got a few fake plants...vines and some of that moss carpet at the bottom...alos noticed some small black bugs but im not sure if they came from inside the cage?

Try searching dermestid beetles. They are usually shipped with crickets and eat the cricket poop and dead bodies so the crickets don't turn to cannibalism and harm your chameleon.

Dermestid beetle

268958995_69c2722d31.jpg

As for the flies they may be gnats due to the humidity? I really don't know. I had the flies problem until I got rid of my little ficus plant and got a big one. I don't know why you have them since you have no damp live plants.

Do you have substrate? (1. I recommend removing it because your cham can choke/impact itself with it 2. That and moisture can draw in gnats)

Could be phorid flies. They are insanely hard to get rid of too. I keep numbers down by placing cups/containers filled with a little bit of beer and a few drops of dish soap. It will attract the flies and the dish soap makes them sink

what type of flies?

Could be phorid flies. They are insanely hard to get rid of too. I keep numbers down by placing cups/containers filled with a little bit of beer and a few drops of dish soap. It will attract the flies and the dish soap makes them sink

Those are gona be some clean, drunk, dead flies.

They're gnats probably!!! I hate them! They like the moisture from misting and live and lay eggs in the soil. I already had to repot my plant twice to get them away, but they always return a couple months later.

They're gnats probably!!! I hate them! They like the moisture from misting and live and lay eggs in the soil. I already had to repot my plant twice to get them away, but they always return a couple months later.

Gnats was my thought.

Do they look like flying dots or actual flies?

are they harmful to the chameleon?

Back
Top Bottom