Where did the name come from???

Decadancin

Moderatoris Americanus
Staff member
I know I have gotten a lot of different looks when I tell folks the names of my chameleons, so it seems like a good idea for a thread...

So, full disclosure, I saw this on Chameleon Central's FB page, but I thought it was a great idea!

So I'd love to see your chameleons, and also the inspiration for the name you chose.

Here is Raistlin Majere the YBBB panther...

Name.JPG

Raistlin is one of the characters from the Dragonlance series.

and let's not forget...

Zaphod Beeblebrox the Veiled Chameleon...

name2.JPG

Zaphod was the President of the Galaxy in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I love this I want to play

Larry
View attachment 259692
named him from the show impractical jokers

Imelda
View attachment 259693
named her after the mama Imelda from coco because she has “shoes” and she’s sassy
View attachment 259694

cheech rip and Chong

View attachment 259695View attachment 259696
Well after my idols
View attachment 259697

and last my baby Madmartigan
View attachment 259698
after one of my favorite childhood movies willow
View attachment 259699

“you are my sun, my moon, my starlight sky; I dwell in darkness without you“ —madmartigan

I love this I want to play

Larry
View attachment 259692
named him from the show impractical jokers

Imelda
View attachment 259693
named her after the mama Imelda from coco because she has “shoes” and she’s sassy
View attachment 259694

cheech rip and Chong

View attachment 259695View attachment 259696
Well after my idols
View attachment 259697

and last my baby Madmartigan
View attachment 259698
after one of my favorite childhood movies willow
View attachment 259699

“Let me out of this cage; I’ll win this war for you”—madmartigan.

My first panther, donnie, is a common yinzer(pittsburgher) name. Not that it is nowhere else, but to give you an idea, there are 5 donnies in my family within a couple miles of me lmao.

Second panther, walt, after Walter white.

Third grauch, cause that's what wife calls me so I called him that because he frequently tried to bite me.

Fourth female panther and my Parsons, no names... because I'm not creative

Love this thread. My children named ours Yondu and Nebula I call her Beulah. Our beardie is Thelma. And our Corgi is Queenie (Magnificent Beasts). But I opened the thread in hopes of learning what Decadancin is. And there are many of your user names I’m curious of the origins. Pillow is a shortened version of my Xbox live gamer tag I made in 2006 and edited a few years back. Because as a parent I not want to explain the Clerks 2 reference.

But I opened the thread in hopes of learning what Decadancin is.

Ha ha ha...

It is a bit random, right?

OK, Trade Secret Time :cool:, here is the (looong) story behind this...

I have been in bands throughout the years, mostly cover bands, but there was one hard rock band that did mainly originals. We would however play something unique each night to change things up.

Some of the memorable things we would do were a "metalized" dance music set that was tons of fun, the 80's Hair Band Set, the Only Ballads Set, the Only Good Disco Songs Set (these were tough to find :ROFLMAO:) or a throwback set of classic songs that you may have forgotten and never got enough airplay. They generally would last about 20 minutes or so.

I am a big fan of Boston based Extreme and wanted to incorporate a song into the mix. We made a Boston Based Set after finding an Aerosmith Song I could actually sing, plus one from the band Boston (that I could almost sing :oops:), and wanting to pay some respect to J Geils and the Cars. After trying out a few from Extreme, we settled on this one...

Extreme - Decadance Dance...

The song kinda became something we were expected to play every night, so I would ask, "Is everybody ready to get Decadancin???" That is how we would start our last set of the night...

Mystery Solved???

A clue was left here in 2013...

https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...rite-songs-and-music-videos.83608/post-944779

:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom