Where can I get food deals?

I just check the forum for sales. I have seen several "dubia got too big to eat and i dont want to breed" posts.

It's a competitive market, and one governed by supply & demand, so "deals," sales, & prices can vary often.

We built a spreadsheet of vendors & feeders with prices, quantities, links, etc. When it's time to order (usually about 4X/year) we run down the list checking prices, sales, specials, etc. It really doesn't take long once you're set up, and we've saved enough to make it very worthwhile. ;)

For high volume purchases Ghann's is a good deal.
I use Rainbow Mealworms for variety packs but mostly because they are local.

I know you are searching for websites, but I'm going to throw this out there: look for a reptile show in your area.

Hands down the best deal I have found. There is one monthly about an hour from me. A online vendor three hours away comes in and sells feeders at a slightly discounted price, plus I don't have to pay shipping and I get to see the bugs I buy so I know I'm not getting a cup that is half dead. I save at least $50 as opposed to buying in store and online (due to overnight/ 1-2 day shipping) for a month supply of dubia, crickets and BSFL.

I know you are searching for websites, but I'm going to throw this out there: look for a reptile show in your area.
I agree with reptile shows being a good source for feeders, but who's got reptile shows during the pandemic? Every show within 100 miles of me has been cancelled/postponed indefinitely or tentatively.

Sound like a potential super-spreader event right now.

But for later when things stabilize again... definitely.

Back
Top Bottom