Where are the Ankaramy Panthers?

KeopiCat

Avid Member
I've been looking online on sites that breed chameleons, but I cannot find anyone who breeds Ankaramys anymore. I've heard they used to be much more popular, what happened?

Somewhere in Washington D.C marching:rolleyes:
Ankaramy is a very unique panther from a small section in Madagascar ,color of pink panther,it can also be chocolate. brown,Im sure someone out there is hatching some eggs right at this moment.

I have some incubating, and some hatched but the babies are difficult to get to eat!

I have 5 different locales I still looking for one of those also. Seems like they really had to find

I've been looking online on sites that breed chameleons, but I cannot find anyone who breeds Ankaramys anymore. I've heard they used to be much more popular, what happened?

Are you looking to buy a pair? There might be some coming in upcoming imports. I know of a few breeders who have some. PM me if you are looking to buy some and I might be able to direct you.

I think they are still very popular. The problem is most animals come in WC and there isn't that many that are able to produce healthy offspring so even the breeders that do have some might not have the best luck with getting good eggs and then getting them to hatch. Also, one need to consider that most if not all of the females are also WC so they must be proven out before selling the offspring as pure Ankaramy since we don't really know if the females are labeled correctly during the import.

We currently have a nice clutch growing up and are about two months old. The males are starting to develop some blues which is a good sign as most Ankaramy will have an undertone of blue throughout their body. I hope to have some of the babies available in a few months once I'm 100% sure they are indeed pure Ankaramy.

Back
Top Bottom