When will he get bigger and more color

RudyChameleon

I have about a three to three and a half month old nosy be Panther. You can barely see the difference in growth. So when will he get bigger? My second question is when will he get his beautiful blue color? He has only shed once (when I have had him, I got him when he was 1.5 months old) so I don't expect him to have color yet but everyone says chams start to grow and get color around three months so is this true???

If you don't mind me asking what and how much is he eating, what supplements do you use and what are his basking and ambient temps and how often is he handled and mane a pic of his Viv.

Every chameleon grows are a different rate so you can't really compare one to another, same thing with coloring. From personal experience, I though my lil guy was a late bloomer as well; he didn't start showing colors until he was about 6-7. It's really a waiting game with these guys, but I think that's what makes them so great!! Ooo, the anticipation :):):)

I saw the greatest growth on my panther between 3.5 and 5 months of age. It was like he suddenly exploded; shedding nearly once a week, eating 20-40 1/4" crickets a day... oh boy am I glad that's over with! 5 months is where he started showing his colour, too, but his sire wasn't all that colourful until he was nearer to 8 months.

My boy's growth montage:
3 months, 4 months, 5 months, 6 months
vlads%20growth%20july%20to%20oct.png

As Marie and misslisa said growth is different for different chams but i only asked as when I got my baby boy panther I had trouble getting the correct basking temp and as a result he was quite dark a lot of the time (he was eating and pooping fine) but once adjusted he brightened up and started growing at an amazing rate

As Marie and misslisa said growth is different for different chams but i only asked as when I got my baby boy panther I had trouble getting the correct basking temp and as a result he was quite dark a lot of the time (he was eating and pooping fine) but once adjusted he brightened up and started growing at an amazing rate

The lowest temperature is usually around 75-78 and he was only a few times the first month I got him but he has never been that dark again and is usually light with some darker stripes (no color yet)

Back
Top Bottom