When to start cutting back? (male) Furcifer Pardalis

CamoChameleonsHuman

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello my Chamily! So my boys are still sub-adults just about to hit 9 months at the end of the month. Just wondering when everyone started cutting back feeders or moving to every other day routines? I have researched myself and have mixed results. Most say 9 months or 1 year, and I have even seen some even say 1 1/2yrs.

My Ambilobe Jellybean is way heavier and way bigger than my Ambanja. Don't ask me how long or how much but let's just say hes nearing full adult size.

My Ambanja Tye-Dye is about the size of a 5-6 month old Male veiled chameleon. Distinctfuly smaller than my Ambilobe. Yet both were hatched in the same week.

Does this change things them being of different size and weight? Should I treat each one individually? Also let it be known both are dropping sperm plugs at this point.

Thanks in advance for everyone's feedback!

Following because I'm wondering this too. I need to weigh and measure mine but he's looking almost full grown.

Are your guys pacing for girls? Max has started recently and he's traveling through his enclosure constantly. He never used to do this at all. I've told him no girls but he remains unconvinced. He even paces outdoors in his trees,he used to just enjoy basking.

Following because I'm wondering this too. I need to weigh and measure mine but he's looking almost full grown.

Are your guys pacing for girls? Max has started recently and he's traveling through his enclosure constantly. He never used to do this at all. I've told him no girls but he remains unconvinced. He even paces outdoors in his trees,he used to just enjoy basking.
My Ambilobe is definitely the pacer. My Ambanja paces but he does so in the middle of the enclosure where it's cooler, darker, and more humid. He drops his sperm plugs on the screen sides though lol

My ambilobe is the same age. Ive been feeding him every other day for some time. (His choice) If i fed him everyday he didnt eat. So hes been on an every other day feeding for the past couple months. But yes, each chameleon is an individual, Bill Strand has some podcasts that go over this, feeding schedules should be dictated per animal per situation.

Yeah Pesto is looking for a lady friend also already :rolleyes: he seems to be curbing himself back on his own, as far as feeding goes
I have noticed this as well. The banded crickets are way better escape artists than normies and I'll find 5 or so crickets of the 10 I put in the next day in the corner. He gets them that same day but I usually only add 5 more.

I have noticed this as well. The banded crickets are way better escape artists than normies and I'll find 5 or so crickets of the 10 I put in the next day in the corner. He gets them that same day but I usually only add 5 more.
That's almost exactly what I'm noticing lol

Back
Top Bottom