when to remove unfertile eggs?

chamcrazy

Hello. About a month ago my female veiled laid 65 eggs. Her & the male copulated approx. 3 weeks prior to that so I am hoping most of them are fertile. I have been told by several members that for her 1st clutch usually only about 1/2 are fertile. Is that true? It has now been a little over a month and there are some eggs that are showing signs of darkening and mold. My question is...at what point do I take out the infertile eggs? There have been a few that I disposed of that were completely black and caved in that I was 100% sure were not fertile. Does it hurt the healthy eggs to leave the darkened ones all in the same container? Or shall I separate them into 2 containers until I am 100% sure the "goners" are really "goners?"

Please help soon.

Thank you!

I don't know anything about this. I just wanted to tell you that it's in the middle of the night for most people.

I have never heard first time clutch results in half fertile.
I usually get alot out of first timers. Any moldy or bad eggs,get rid of them,right away!

Any eggs that are questionable could be moved to another container and the incubation of them continued until there is no hope for them.

A first clutch can be mostly fertile, mostly infertile or anywhere in between. It depends on the time of mating during the female's cycle.

Back
Top Bottom