when to mist during the day

whysoez420

i'm going to be getting a mistking system for my one month old veiled cham, just wondering how many times a day and for how long should i have it go on for? also would i need 2 timers? one for the lights and 1 for the mistking? or can most timers separate the 2? any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

The mistking comes with its own timer, a really nice one. As far as how often that really depends. Basically as often and as long as it needs to to keep humidity up and still dry out. You really kind of have to play with it and see what works.

the reason i'm getting the mist system is because i work mon-fri 8-4 everyday so i need it to auto mist as i won't be around to do it myself. so i won't really be able to see it dry out ect to test. my cage is 2x2x4 so do you think ill need 3 nozzles for that?

With my panthers and veileds I usually give them a quick mist right when the lights come on about 7am to simulate mist. Then a long misting at around 9am about 8-10min ( most drinking happens at this time ) then at 12pm, 4pm and 6pm for about 2-3min, then lights out at 8ish

the reason i'm getting the mist system is because i work mon-fri 8-4 everyday so i need it to auto mist as i won't be around to do it myself. so i won't really be able to see it dry out ect to test. my cage is 2x2x4 so do you think ill need 3 nozzles for that?

With my 2 x 2 x 4 cages I use two nozzles :)

With my panthers and veileds I usually give them a quick mist right when the lights come on about 7am to simulate mist. Then a long misting at around 9am about 8-10min ( most drinking happens at this time ) then at 12pm, 4pm and 6pm for about 2-3min, then lights out at 8ish

thanks alot that is exactly what i wanted to hear :)

I only use one nozzle for my 2x2x4. Ten minutes every two hours, with an extra five at lights on and off. It works great for me, but like I said it really depends on your situation. If you live on the coast and did that, your cham would turn into a mushroom in no time. I have an ExoTerra digital hygrometer, and it shows the max and min levels since you last reset it, so you don't need to be around to see if its staying in the right range, and if you work during the week you could just check it on the weekend to see if its drying. Also I don't see why you would need a separate timer for basking and UVB. Anyway, hope that helps more.

Back
Top Bottom