when to increase the size of enclosure, viv. terrarium...

Discussion in 'Enclosures And Supplies' started by salty dog, Nov 7, 2018.

1. salty dog

salty dog Member

My panthers are going on 3 months old, thinking ahead, when should I build them a new home??

2. celeste_knitter

celeste_knitter Avid Member

As soon as you can! My 3 month old panther is in an "adult" cage 24" x 24" x 48" and as soon as his clear side atrium DS is done, he will be going into that for good.

ERKleRose likes this.
  3. ERKleRose

ERKleRose Avid Member

If you plan on building, I can link my build thread to give you some ideas

4. salty dog

salty dog Member

I have a 4' long 2'6" wide 6' tall made and ready but they would never find their food, so I'm gonna build something in between that and what they are in 2'6" long 2'4" wide and 2'6" tall, I enjoy building stuff, I've been doing it my whole life, all trades

5. Goose502

Goose502 Avid Member

Don’t waste your time. If that idea of not finding food were true, how in the hell would chameleons survive in the wild? They deserve a giant enclosure. Also, I hope they aren’t being kept together. Unless their new enclosure is the size of a large bedroom, they will eventually have problems.

celeste_knitter likes this.
  6. salty dog

salty dog Member

I posted a picture of their current cages with 2 of the panthers I have one is female the other is male, and a picture of a big cage, the big one is not fully furnished because I'm not using it yet,

7. salty dog

salty dog Member

I'll post pictures of all their cages, to prove I'm taking care of them IMG_1055.jpg

8. Goose502

Goose502 Avid Member

I don’t doubt you’re taking good care of them. Those large enclosures look great. I’m guessing all the plants you have growing are for the new enclosures.

9. salty dog

salty dog Member

They are plants I've been collecting for 5 years, it just happens that alot of them grow in their native habitat, so some of them will go in there, with a plumeria hahaha, I like plumerias, I origianally made the cage for an adult, then there wasn't an adult available, but there was babies, so instead I got 4 babaies 2 male and 2 female from different cluthes, and then made 2 smaller cages the 2 males came together and the 2 female came together, after a week observating, I found they don't like the close company, they are defenitely solitary

10. Brodybreaux25

Brodybreaux25 Chameleon Enthusiast

The time to upgrade is always now!(y) Give them babies room to grow!