When to be able to sex panthers??

Chameleonboyboy

May I ask when is it possible to sex baby panthers after they hatch? A month or more?

Also is it possible to incubate panther eggs at a certain temp to control the sex of panthers?

I could not find a link to the above using search so maybe someone can tell me more.

Cheers
Chamboyboy:p

Yes, you can sex them right out of the egg, but sometimes they get harder to sex around 2 months old. By 3 months they are usually easy to sex again.

Hi pssh. i was browsing through n found it strange on this... maybe u can tell me more?

Do u know y the females of cross or hybrid are not worth alot and also y no one wants them?

i suppose that hybird females can pair up with either pure locales or hybird males to produce even more different colours or strengthening certain colour traits?

Also hows the hatch rate like for most panther clutches as in male ratio is to female?
Is it possible to control the incubation temps to control panther sexes?

sorry for asking so much here
:eek:

The crossed locales tend to be worth less in general because people like the pure locales more. The females are also harder to sell because they have less color, and since crossed animals are worth less AND they are females, they generally are harder to sell and the price reflects that. Some people don't like the idea of crossed females because people can get confused or straight out lie about the lineage and sell them as pure when they are not (or breed them to a pure animal and sell the offspring as pure.)

but am i right also to say that people that wanna produce crosses can breed a pure to a cross female?

and any views on the temp controls for more males or female.

:D:D

You can breed any panther you want to another panther. They will all breed to create crosses. Ankaramy and sometimes ankaramy crosses however seem to be more difficult to raise as neonates.

There has been no evidence so far that panther gender can be controlled through manipulation of temperatures during incubation.

Back
Top Bottom