When the sun goes down Eustis goes to bed

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
Usually I close my curtains before it gets totally dark and Eustis stays up and active until his lights go off but tonight I left the curtains open and at 4:30 pm when it got dark outside he went to bed Even with his lights still on. I wonder if I left the curtains open every night til after dark if he would go to bed at 4:30 when the sun goes down. I’m not sure if it’s healthy though because his lights go on at 7 am and off at 7 pm. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

My chameleon gets natural light and timed lights. I'll set the automatic lights to daylight savings time but He goes to sleep when it gets dark outside. I live in the Pacific north west. Its winter here and the days are shorter so he goes to bed earlier. In the summer he says up longer because the days are longer. From my limited experience with just my chameleon his body will regulate to the natural time of day not the artificial. I fell like my chameleon gets enough rest for all his daily activity. and like humans sleep will get its due when the body needs it.

Usually I close my curtains before it gets totally dark and Eustis stays up and active until his lights go off but tonight I left the curtains open and at 4:30 pm when it got dark outside he went to bed Even with his lights still on. I wonder if I left the curtains open every night til after dark if he would go to bed at 4:30 when the sun goes down. I’m not sure if it’s healthy though because his lights go on at 7 am and off at 7 pm. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
It would be an easy enough experiment to run. I don't see any health issues over the short term. but once you find out what you're trying to, I think I would settle on one or the other (Sun or lights) and try to be consistent. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom