when should I give calcium/vitamins?

lainimorgan

my veiled chameleon is 4/5 months old and ive had him for about 3 weeks now. I give him about 15 medium sized crickets dusted with calcium without D3 everyday. ive only dusted them with calcium with D3 twice and vitamins once since I've read they only need calcium with D3 twice a month and vitamins twice a month. is that right? should I stop dusting them with calcium without D3 everyday? any help is appreciated!

That is the correct schedule.
This is what most people here do for veiled.
"Supplementation:
Calcium and other vitamins are very important to your chameleon's health. Feeder insects should be lightly dusted with powdered supplement before being fed to your chameleon. Many keepers successfully use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) at nearly every feeding, multivitamin once every 2 weeks, and calcium with D3 once every 2 weeks."
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

That is the correct schedule.
This is what most people here do for veiled.
"Supplementation:
Calcium and other vitamins are very important to your chameleon's health. Feeder insects should be lightly dusted with powdered supplement before being fed to your chameleon. Many keepers successfully use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) at nearly every feeding, multivitamin once every 2 weeks, and calcium with D3 once every 2 weeks."
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/
okay thank you!!

Also remember that dusting with supplements is simply a safety net. You should be focusing more on what you feed your feeders... aka 'gutloading'...

I was told to use the calcium WITH D3 every time, should I go get another supplement and could I have harmed my little lady? I’ve only had her a week and she’s gotten a lot bigger since she’s been here. She eats like 10-15 large crickets a day (gutloaded with flukers) and 3 meal worms every few days.
Don’t currently have multi-vitamins.
What’s the best product?

I was told to use the calcium WITH D3 every time, should I go get another supplement and could I have harmed my little lady? I’ve only had her a week and she’s gotten a lot bigger since she’s been here. She eats like 10-15 large crickets a day (gutloaded with flukers) and 3 meal worms every few days.
What’s the best product?

Welcome to the forum! You need to start YOUR OWN thread with questions. Also, before you post questions read this caresheet https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/ Avoid the mealworms as a food source, and avoid flukers as a gutload.

You need to gut load with fresh veggies like carrots, green peppers, sweet potatoes...not flukers...that’s not gut load...Flukers basically keeps them alive so they won’t die, you gut load with veggies and it passes on to your Cham: search “gut loading” in search bar for lots of threads and good reads: search basic husbandry under general discussion forum (its pinned at top) these will help a lot ...welcome aboard, Happy Cham keeping (y)

Oh and a week with just d3 will not kill her, she’ll be fine: one vit d with/d3 every 2 weeks/// without d3 each feeding

Attachments

• E3B0A657-5185-4DC9-BFDC-374A114CBE90.jpeg
    E3B0A657-5185-4DC9-BFDC-374A114CBE90.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 216
What’s the best product?

Don’t use calcium with D3 everyday. You will kill your chameleon with an overdose of D3. They need D3 once every 2 weeks

Back
Top Bottom