When does a Juvi become an adult?

WelshOneEmma

Hi there,

I have been searching the forum for this info, but must be incredibly blind as I can't seem to find the information I need! At what age does a chame go from being a baby to a juvi, and a juvi to an adult?

I am trying to sort out a new feeding schedule for my veiled cham, Hugo, and I know that adults feed less regularly than juvi's, but when should I start decreasing this? When we first got him at 8 weeks old, he would eat 20-30 crickets a day. He is now 6 months old, and this has decreased. Some days he will have maybe 6, other days he won't have any. I wasn't too worried, but have noticed people recently saying their 6 month old still eats about 15 a day. Should I be worried? Or should i be cutting his food down to every other day now? I have noticed if I do this he eats more on the day he has food in (obviously).

Just looking for people's thoughts / info on their feeding shedules.

Thanks,

Emma

I try to feed as many as possible to my little guy hes still got growing to do!
I cant tell you what age they become juvi's and adults but ive been told they stop "growing" about 15-18 months:):)

What size crickets are you feeding him?
At six to seven months old he can probably be offered adult (or large size) crickets.
At this age I would offer 6 to 8 every other day.

-Brad

What size crickets are you feeding him?
At six to seven months old he can probably be offered adult (or large size) crickets.
At this age I would offer 6 to 8 every other day.

-Brad

He is on pretty large crickets now. They usually have what look like wings on them and make loads of noise. In fact he turns his nose up at small ones! We try to alternate, so one day he has crickets, the other day he has locusts (medium size). I will try changing his feeding schedule and see what happens.

Just out of curiosity, is he classed as a juvenile until he's about 18 months?

I think they are 'fully grown' at about a year. Think I read that on here somewhere. However, they don't ever stop growing, but their growth rate slows right down so you barely notice, hence why they continue to shed but less frequently.

Back
Top Bottom