When Do Veileds Get Their Color?

we always hope the sons get the colors of the fathers, but its really a genetic roulette. he might get more blues as he gets older. but hes never going to be blue like a panther.
and that length sounds about right for a 1 year old.

to get him out. you can slide on hand under his head, and use your other hand to gently push his butt so he climbs on your hand.

yeah put you fingers under his neck, apply slight pressure on his front legs, he will either grab ahold of you or start backing upif thats the case have your other hand under the base of his tail near his vent, he will have to go one way or the other.

Any suggestions for when he hisses and lunges at me? I am going to need to figure out a way to get him out to move him into his new enclosure in a few weeks.

I am hoping with the new lighting (1 UVB + 1 Grow Light + More Natural Light) will help, along with the lighter background of his new enclosure.

glove. and move slow. fast movements scare them.

I am not worried about him biting me, I don't think he can do much damage yet. I will just take my time, spend about an hour today just working on getting him to get used to my hands more.

He has no problem eating from my hands, I will hold a cricket by it's back leg and he will get it right out of my hand no problem, or eat a silk work out of my palm from time to time.

Thanks. I will report back later with better pictures and updates on handling.

you should be worried about him biting. those teeth can cause serious damage to a finger...

like needs stitches

you should be worried about him biting. those teeth can cause serious damage to a finger...

like needs stitches

I didn't know they had such a strong mouth, guess I will try using a skin colored glove later today, might have to use one of my wifes since i don't own any gloves besides my oven glove haha

I snapped a few pictures this morning, this is his day-to-day coloration, is this normal for his age?

Second picture he was getting pissed at the camera lol

zmb1vm.jpg

2ziq7n6.jpg

I think he looks perfectly normal for a male veiled. If he's young he still has time to grow into his final colors, so all we can say is wait and see. Hopefully he gets those blues you've been waiting for!

My 5 month old male veiled hisses and looks like he is going to bite but he has never bitten me he just stops the last second.

oh my geesh !!! see this is what im afriad of fred doing to me... he has never actually bitten but he hisses and lunges so i never get him out i always make my fiancee do it hehe...i didnt know they had teeth!!

oh yea, they got teeth, sharp pointy little teeth.

Back
Top Bottom