When do I separate my babies

Daschmidt

i have 15 Panther chameleons they all seem happy and healthy but it's only been about a week. How should I separate them or when rather? Should there be a number? Should I separate them by size?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 294
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 313
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 310
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    283.2 KB · Views: 290
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 280
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    332.5 KB · Views: 265
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 259
The sooner the better. I would keep in groups of 5 for a month or so. Start to separate based on size at that point. At about 3 -4 months you may want to put individually.

U can separate them as soon they hatched, as they grows,separate them by size just to make sure they are eating well individually,congratulation on ur new born babies.

I agree, the sooner the better. If you have the space then I would recommend raising each one individually right from the start but if that isn't feasible then smaller groups would be best.

The less you put in each cage the less compitition for food and the faster they grow. As hatchlings I personally keep about 10 in each cage. I use 16x16x20 inch screen cages. But if your able to put less in each cage that would be better. You need to really watch out for the ones that fall behind in growth. At about a month old the smaller ones will start sticking out much more clearly. Make sure to separate those and they normally catch right up with the rest with a bit of time.
Congrats!!! It's a very exiting time when a clutch hatches!!

Awesome thanks to all so much for the info. I'll get containers tonight the thing is they are amongst a ton of fruit flies so I can't imagine they are truely competing? But you guys are the pros if they have to be separate at birth I'll do it.

Back
Top Bottom