WHats wrong with my baby?!?!

Fool

I was cup feeding her and she eat normally and was fine then all of a sudden she began acting frantically and kept trying to climb as if there was more branches and their wasn't I saved her like 5 times from falling because she was persistent and hell bent that the branches continued obviously even tough they didn't. See fell off the plant once and I hope she didn't get hurt so why is she acting like this? Did a fly scare her? Or did I do something wrong?

You just got her today right? she is going to need some time to adjust to you and her new surroundings so take it easy and try and let her be! Right now she is probably scared to death of you.

shes chillin I think I scared her I made improvements to her cage she also seems in good condition but I don't know. I never read or knew anything about that situation :( that was a breath taker I was panicking because she wouldn't stop. I'm glad she did finally though.

Just try and take things slow. When I first got my chameleon for the first 2 weeks plus I let him be and did not mess around in the cage or anything. I know it is excitinig to have her but you have to remember that she just went through a process to get to you and is in a new place and will need plenty of time to adjust.

shes chillin I think I scared her I made improvements to her cage she also seems in good condition but I don't know. I never read or knew anything about that situation :( that was a breath taker I was panicking because she wouldn't stop. I'm glad she did finally though.

Just to make you feel better, my husband once woke up our very large male Veiled from a deep sleep (he fell asleep in his outside cage) and he ran around like a crazy man for five minutes. Your baby should be fine. Let her adjust as mentioned.

she will be fine, just give her chance to adjust. She probably got a bit of a scare, meybe you moved quickly or coughed or something? Out of curiosity, how old is she? is that her in your avatar? she looks very young if it is!

she has her eyes closed and wont open them. I was told 2 months but I'm suspicious about it my cousin got it so I wasn't there to see her so I thought she would be about 2-3 inches long but shes just like a inch and a half barley so im guessing she might be younger. Here's the the thing when she started to act frantically I think a fly i was feeding her was on her eye so maybe the fly stepped on her eye? I tried taking the fly off her body but I couldn't since the chameleon herself is fragile.

Now she wont open her eyes. I've been misting her with light showers not to much but enough hoping to wash out her eye if something is hurting it. I'm going to see the vet on next Sunday how do I force feed her until then if she has both her eyes closed and remember shes like a inch and a half long. She had her eyes open when she was eating and always had them open till then I think the fly poked her eye and so she closed them and panicked and that's why she kept climbing frantically because she was afraid of the pain and also because she had her eyes closed and has them closed since then. Is it just a waiting game until she feels comfortable to open them again? Im just worried she wont open them and not eat and starve.

She won't open her eyes at all? Even if you poke her gently? If she is that small she may have been severely injured from the fall. She won't make it a week to see a vet.

What temps do you have this baby at?

I have the baby at 73 F it I'll see if I can go to the vet sooner. Also yea she wont open them at all even if I poke her.

This does not sound good. Has she eaten since you got her? What is she housed in? He needs to be a little warmer-a basking spot of 80 on one side of the enclosure would be good.

It looks like this I can see 2 black dots moving around in her socket and her socket moves just it dosen't open, also thats weird someone else told me babies needed 70-75 F because its too hot for them any hoitter than that because they dont know how to regulate heat and over heat themselves ill post enclousre pics when I get back but right now I have to leave bbl. The red arrow is pointing to the dots in her socet

Image0056_edited.jpg

Yea, we're going to need much higher quality photos than that if we're going to be able to see anything. See if you can get really good lighting, that usually helps cell phone pics be better. But use a real camera if you have access to one.

That's odd. I'm pretty sure I posted in one of your threads to raise your basking spot.

Honestly, there is a huge chance she may not make it because she is so young. Some just aren't meant to be. Just preparing you for the worst.

Yea OK I was wrong it suppose to be 75- 78 for babies i read a older post wrong. I fixed it though its at 78 now. Also I have her in a plastic critter cage but before people get mad the reason I do is because I live in a cold place and it gets to 60 to low 50s F in here. So that's why I using it. I find myself using a 100 watt bulb and it barley hits 80F in the morning in the night 75. I used a compact uvb bulb that was recommended and was made in 2009 but I took it out and bought a florescent bulb don't know if that was the problem. I don't trust the Compacts anymore. I bet you that did it, I read the one I bought was safe and had good output to not do serious harm but w/e now it costed my chameleons life.

This sucks I did everything right I controlled her temps sprayed her correctly she ate great and dusted the fruit flies . The whole time I've had her shes been a bright green so even as a blind girl I guess im doing OK that pic you see is how shes colored all the time shes striped bright torquise greenish bluish and dark stripes. :( She might pass I dont know if its due to the compact light or the fall she had might have been both but now i threw the bulb away and I have to wait till sunday because the vet is only there sun-tues and no one can give me a ride. I think though someone will come through to give me a ride tuesday I hope its good enough because she cant eat with her eyes shut.

She's always striped? That's usually stress colors. How are you monitoring temps? What kind of bulb are you using?

I think you should fill out the how to ask for help form.

Whoa-what are you measuring temps with? If you are using a 100 watt bulb you are likely cooking her. Especially in a critter keeper (which is prob OK considering her size if you have the temps right and it is a big enough one). Analog thermometer are terrible for measuring a basking spot-so please get a digital.

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon -Veiled ,Female 6-8 weeks old , 2 says today being 2nd
* Handling -Just to feed it in her cage
* Feeding - I feed her fruit flys, 10-13 a day in the morning and in the evening, I dont know how to gutload fruit flys
* Supplements - So far rep-cal calcium
* Watering - I mist for 3 times a day 5 min and use a dripper the 1st day I saw drink alot
* Fecal Description - I cant find them, but she was going in sunday for fecals as far as I know she hasent been tested
* History - The first day she was spectacular she ate wounderfully drank great and was fantastic now the second day her eyes are always shut and she was acting frantically because I think she cant see she climbs blind.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - Plastic I have her in there to regulate my heat because I live in a cold area. Deminsons are 1foot high 1 foot long 8 inches wide
* Lighting - Exo terra compact uvb 5.0 lighting 2009 first day, now using reptisun 5.0 flourcent tube lighting, 100- 60 watt bulbs depending on room temps
* Temperature - Bask9ing spot 78-80 lowest 76 -75 , At night basking 75 low spot 73-72 I use a probe themometer and hydrometer
* Humidity - I use a spray bottle and dripper and hydrometer
* Plants - Branches with leaves
* Placement - in corner not near fans or vents on top of a cabinet
* Location - California rialto

Current Problem - her eyes are closed and cant open so keeps her from eating.

Back
Top Bottom