What's missing?

TheHunterMB

I set this up yesterday for my Jackson. I am still going to get a mister. For now I am spraying it down though. What else is needed?
1st pic is of him. I'm thinking of calling him Pan or Dionysus.
2nd pic is of my tank and setup.

Attachments

• 20120904_154726.jpg
    20120904_154726.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 20120904_154742.jpg
    20120904_154742.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 134
by raising the bulbs so high it would seem that you are distributing too much heat as opposed to resting the bulbs on the screen top and thus making the basking area more concentrated. With the cage not being very tall I would think you might have issues with your chameleon not being able to get out of the light and heat. Maybe I am wrong, but just an observation.

by raising the bulbs so high it would seem that you are distributing too much heat as opposed to resting the bulbs on the screen top and thus making the basking area more concentrated. With the cage not being very tall I would think you might have issues with your chameleon not being able to get out of the light and heat. Maybe I am wrong, but just an observation.

I Agree with this lady. ^^^^ :) Nice cham u got there!!

Thanks for the input! I've noticed he sits in one spot at the top of the tank when basking, but in the picture of him, he seems to have found a nice shady spot under the leaves. I was wondering if that was enough protection.
This is where he basks.

Attachments

• 20120904_161600.jpg
    20120904_161600.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 97
well you definitely want somewhere for him to cool down in the cage and get out of the light and especially the heat. Also, are you going to get him something taller for later? It just seems kinda small. I am all for the bigger the better so don't mind me.

ooh 100watt for that size cage...what are your temps??? also, what are you measuring them with?

just lots of foilage really. It is much easier when the cage is taller as the light does not penetrate as far down and they can just crawl a little ways down in the cage to escape the light. It is harder for you with the way your lights are set up and the size of your cage.

just lots of foilage really. It is much easier when the cage is taller as the light does not penetrate as far down and they can just crawl a little ways down in the cage to escape the light. It is harder for you with the way your lights are set up and the size of your cage.

Would you mind taking a look at the thread titled zebs new enclosure and let me know what you think?

100 watts seems like a lot. They like it cool. I would personally use a 40 watt.
Also, I would raise the humidity a little bit more, to about 70-80% when you mist, and around 60% throughout.

I would also be concerned that with the light so far away the uvb is not getting to him. Im assuming that the other side of the double some is a cfl uvb. They do project very far.

Back
Top Bottom