What websites do you use to buy feeders?

Kayroxyoursox

I have a veiled Cham and the only feeders I can find around here are crickets and super worms, so I was going to try to find a better variety online. If you can give me some websites that you use that offer a good variety that would be super helpful, thanks!

I order crickets from www.backwarerreptiles.com and I've been very happy with them. However, I think their other feeders are kinda expensive.

I get silkworms from www.coastalsilkworms.com and hornworms from www.greatlakeshornworms.com. Both of those companies also have selections of other feeders that you get at the same time and save on shipping.

I breed my own dubias roaches, and got my starter colony from a local guy that breeds them.

Also, unless you have a pet store owner that you just love/trust, I would order crickets online. Most pet store crickets only get cardboard/dead crickets to eat and have terrible nutritional content. That can be corrected with 48 hrs of gutloading but in my experience, a lot of them die before then.

Also, unless you have a pet store owner that you just love/trust, I would order crickets online. Most pet store crickets only get cardboard/dead crickets to eat and have terrible nutritional content. That can be corrected with 48 hrs of gutloading but in my experience, a lot of them die before then.

I always wondered why the crickets I buy online fare better than the ones form the local big-box pet store. Makes total sense.

I always wondered why the crickets I buy online fare better than the ones form the local big-box pet store. Makes total sense.

Yeah, I thought I was doing something wrong when half my crickets died in the first day or two! Then I ordered some crickets on Amazon, and they actually showed up at my house 90% dead. That's when I found out lots of suppliers don't think it's worth their time to feed them. Crickets are cannibalistic anyway, so when they are hungry, they have no qualms eating each other, and a small box will quickly wipe itself out. So I should have said buying them online from SOME places is better than others. I like BWR because they always ship crickets with an apple or potato. There are very few DOAs.

When I had just one reptile I ordered from lindasgoniebuggie.com all the time. Now I go through hornworms so fast I order them 100 at a time. I get them through great lakes. I actually don't buy any feeders at a pet store.

I had a place ship small crickets with half a potato and more than half showed up dead because of the "boulder of death." I have a favorite for sure, but they've been out for a bit, unfortunately. Regardless, online is definitely better than the store from my experience!

When I had just one reptile I ordered from lindasgoniebuggie.com all the time. Now I go through hornworms so fast I order them 100 at a time. I get them through great lakes. I actually don't buy any feeders at a pet store.

How many are you feeding? Seems I have the exact opposite problem: my feeders get too big, but I also like breeding/growing my own. Too much for one cham, but it's still fun though!

Ghanns. They are in my opinion the best place to buy crickets period. They are cheaper than most. Crickets are always healthy. And they sell banded crickets.

I must have finally had some good luck in life. I get 1000 for $20 @ local mom & pop pet store that has been in business since 1985. They get theirs from a local fishing and hunting wholesaler, who sales reptiles, feeders, fresh H2O fish, etc to local stores. I might get 5 dead a week at the most. I buy a case(s) of the small and let them mature on a good diet to about medium size. No chirping :D and healthier digestion. Plus, they have silkies and horns.

I had a place ship small crickets with half a potato and more than half showed up dead because of the "boulder of death." I have a favorite for sure, but they've been out for a bit, unfortunately. Regardless, online is definitely better than the store from my experience!

Lol...I'm sorry but I just pictured this...and laughed so hard..."boulder of death."

Back
Top Bottom