What vet would ever suggest doing this?

ItsMike64

Established Member
So this video that I saw on my YouTube recommended is showing a vet instructing people on how they should soak their chameleon for hydration and to aid them in shedding...WHAT? Who told you this was okay? I cannot stand when vets apply their knowledge of bearded dragon care to all reptiles. Not that all do this, but many do. This just goes to show how years of education, formal degrees, and "training" don't mean anything when it comes to specialized and exotic animal husbandry like chameleons. I mean, the water is so deep and the fact that she threw the lid on there - poor thing. This vet clearly knows absolutely nothing about how to properly hydrate a chameleon, and how NOT to.

SMH. I can’t begin to imagine how difficult it must be to know all of the particulars for multiple types of animals, but it’s as if some don’t even try with chameleons.

At least they are no doing the snek thing were they soak them in a giant jar of orbeez over their head. Then again somehow it is a miracle worker and gets the stuck shed off, and i guess lizards(or at least ball pythons) can breath under orbeez? Personally i would have done it to try to save a few toes of herps i just acquired, but id never make it "routine".

So this video that I saw on my YouTube recommended is showing a vet instructing people on how they should soak their chameleon for hydration and to aid them in shedding...WHAT? Who told you this was okay? I cannot stand when vets apply their knowledge of bearded dragon care to all reptiles. Not that all do this, but many do. This just goes to show how years of education, formal degrees, and "training" don't mean anything when it comes to specialized and exotic animal husbandry like chameleons. I mean, the water is so deep and the fact that she threw the lid on there - poor thing. This vet clearly knows absolutely nothing about how to properly hydrate a chameleon, and how NOT to.

Ugh this makes me sick. I cringed so hard when she picked him up by his stomach to get him out. Everything about this is just wrong.

Back
Top Bottom