What type of enclosure for Phoenix, AZ?

AmazeMollz

I need to know what type of enclosure would be better to have in Phoenix, AZ. I know that typically a mesh sided enclosure is used but in Phoenix, it's so dry that I worry about humidity levels being maintained properly. I guess my mind thinks that humidity needs to be contained. Unless it doesn't need to be consistent through out the day. I guess I'm just asking whether glass, mesh or some other media would be best for a veiled chameleon? Thank so much.

Phoenix will be tough. I lived in Las Vegas for a while so I know the issues.
If it were me I would get a screen cage, but make plastic covers for the sides and part of the front. You can maybe use magnets as you will want to be able to take it on and off easy.
You will have better luck this way, as you will be able to find your sweet spot.
Remember they really don't like it hot so they will need to be somewhere that stays below 80.

If possible in a room where you can open the window for cooling and humidity, when night temps permit.
It will likely be tedious for a while, but I think you can get it where it needs to be.

I need to know what type of enclosure would be better to have in Phoenix, AZ. I know that typically a mesh sided enclosure is used but in Phoenix, it's so dry that I worry about humidity levels being maintained properly. I guess my mind thinks that humidity needs to be contained. Unless it doesn't need to be consistent through out the day. I guess I'm just asking whether glass, mesh or some other media would be best for a veiled chameleon? Thank so much.
Are you keeping outdoors or in?

Back
Top Bottom