What to put for the walls?

tignish99

We are designing a new enclosure for our new adult veiled girlie. She came with one that is ok, but we want something a bit better for her. Right now the walls are wood and window mesh. The top is 1/2 inch metal mesh. Everything is attached to the top mesh which I find very limiting.

I am torn between a 1/4 inch metal mesh for all the walls, or a metal mesh that has as much spacing as the window mesh but it is tougher. How do people attach anything anywhere if they just use the window mesh? I do want to use that if possible, so that she can hunt crickets, but not if I cannot hang stuff off the sides somehow.

Thank you

The thing I didn't like about the window screen is that when the Cham is an adult and they try to climb they would slip off and sometimes fall. This was my solution and you can hang stuff off of it depending on how heavy it is.

Some people use the aluminum side pieces that the screen fits in and then they groove the wood so that the aluminum piece fits right in it. Or some staple the screen to the wood then they put some type of trim over where the staples are to provide a clean look and protect everything from the sharp edges of the screen.

The thing I didn't like about the window screen is that when the Cham is an adult and they try to climb they would slip off and sometimes fall. This was my solution and you can hang stuff off of it depending on how heavy it is.

Looks great. How did you do the top? Is it mesh too? I worry about filtering out too much UVB light. Is that a concern?

Back
Top Bottom