What to get?

rmm226

Hello everyone, I am new to this website and do not posess a chameleon yet although I would like to. I don't know anything about them so thats why I am asking all of you. I would like to get a chameleon that has cool colors stays smaller than 5 inches and can be handled. What you got for me? :)

Pretty much nothing. Chameleons are not an animal you want to handle regularly. And there is no way to even know when you get one if it will be handleable when it is older. Chameleons are stressy, territorial, and often aggressive. There are a few species that are considered smaller, and those chameleons would be even less handleable than the larger ones. Maybe a bearded dragon or gecko would be better for you?

Pretty much nothing. Chameleons are not an animal you want to handle regularly. And there is no way to even know when you get one if it will be handleable when it is older. Chameleons are stressy, territorial, and often aggressive. There are a few species that are considered smaller, and those chameleons would be even less handleable than the larger ones. Maybe a bearded dragon or gecko would be better for you?

sorry i gotta agree as well. chams are not the handable type of reptiles. though your best bet is one of the larger cham species, 5 inch chams are rather shy and mite consider you as a some HUGE predator...

When i was younger, and wanted a chameleon, i was in the same (almost) situation: know nothing about the proper care. Time passed on, i got experience on reptiles, insects and other animals - working in the ZOO was a lot of help. After all, i started to do my homework, and started to search for all the information i can get about my so wanted and beloved animals, chameleons! After about 10 years!!!! i felt i know almost all the info i need for keeping a cham. In that days i found this forum..and voila', loads of more information was found here about the chams! So i start read it..all! After i get my cham..you know the rest...

All i wanted to say whit this is if you are gathering enough information maybe you can keep them. Also if you never kept reptiles and other exotic animals i wont recomend to start with a chameleon!!! Really not! They are just like Juilrs said: stressy, territorial, and often aggressive, and are not an animal you want to handle regularly. So if you arent experienced, maybe take a gecko or a bearded dragon. :) It would be better for the animals and for you too! :)

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom