What to feed super worms?

The substrate I used is a mix of wheat bran, alfalfa, and dandelion. I throw a veggie in there for moisture--- usually butternut squash, apples, or sweet potato. Make sure their container is well vented to avoid mold

Oh and be careful, chams get addicted to these very easily.

I heard some great advice a couple weeks back from forum member solid snake. Always feed superworms as a dessert after the cham has had their fill of crickets or other more healthy/less addictive feeders.

I usually limit supers to one day per week at most. He does love them, but this is prevented any "addiction" issues.

First try with super worms and not sure just what to feed them, can anyone tell me?.......Thanks

Hi
This is what I do: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/443-superworm-substrate-gutload-one.html

3 cups ground alfalfa
1 -3 cups wheat bran
1 -2 cups crushed barley
1/2 cup oats and/or stabalized rice bran
1 cup powdered kelp
1 cup air dried, shredded dandelion leaves
1/4 cup course ground seeds (sunflower seeds, sesame, squash, millet)
1/4 cup of ground (dead and dry) garry oak and maple tree leaves (dont overdo the leaves - too many tanins not good for cham)
3 tablespoons organic dried coconut

Additionally: add daily (on top of dry meal) small pieces of carrot, apple, orange, fresh dandelion, steamed squash, papaya, arugula, etc. Remove uneaten "wet" produce and replace with fresh every few days (do not give too much "wet" food or the substrate will go moldy or attract mites)

All of the above plus the worms are in a large plastic bucket, with about three inches between the top and the surface of the substrate/bedding. No lid. Fluctuating room temp (warmer in the day than at night)

Hi
This is what I do: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/443-superworm-substrate-gutload-one.html

3 cups ground alfalfa
1 -3 cups wheat bran
1 -2 cups crushed barley
1 cup powdered kelp
1/4 cup of ground (dead and dry) garry oak and maple tree leaves (dont overdo the leaves - too many tanins not good for cham)

Additionally: add daily (on top of dry meal) small pieces of carrot, apple, orange, fresh dandelion, steamed squash, papaya, arugula, etc. Remove uneaten "wet" produce and replace with fresh every few days (do not give too much "wet" food or the substrate will go moldy or attract mites)

All of the above plus the worms are in a large plastic bucket, with about three inches between the top and the surface of the substrate/bedding. No lid. Fluctuating room temp (warmer in the day than at night)

Thanks to you and piglet I now have a thriving feeder colony!!! All the info you two have posted has helped more then anything!!!!! Thank You :D

Hi

3 cups ground alfalfa
1 -3 cups wheat bran
1 -2 cups crushed barley
1 cup powdered kelp

These worms will think they are eating at a five star restaurant with this recipe.

Back
Top Bottom