What to Feed Dubias When NOT Gutloading?

Hello all! I am about to get my first shipment of dubias today in the mail in preparation for my chameleon who I will be picking up on Friday. I have been able to find a lot on how to properly gutload them befroe feeding them to the cham, but I had trouble finding out how to feed them "normally" (eg. to keep them alive, without all the nutrients you are looking for in a gutload). How can I keep them alive until my cham needs them? Also, I would dy tips/suggestions for keeping dubias as feeders.

Just feed them whatever you have laying around, pretty much anything you'd compost. I'd leave out meat(excessive protein=excessive uric acid=possibility of gout). A wide variety of foods is always the best.

Just feed them whatever you have laying around, pretty much anything you'd compost. I'd leave out meat(excessive protein=excessive uric acid=possibility of gout). A wide variety of foods is always the best.

There was a youtuber who said "you know you have had a dubia bin too long when you see an apple core on the street, and want to throw it in the bin"

Ok, thank you so much! I was planning to start them with nuts, apple, carrot, etc.

Back
Top Bottom