What to do with big discoid roaches?

lizcrespo93

I ordered 20 discoids to kinda get my feet wet with them and they came super big. 3 of them seem to be adult sized! I am concerned they are to big for my chameleon. My question is, if the roaches are too big will my chameleon spit them back out or try to choke himself with them? How can I tell if they are too big for him? And what do I do with the big ones I cannot feed? What are the options for those bigger ones??

I ordered 20 discoids to kinda get my feet wet with them and they came super big. 3 of them seem to be adult sized! I am concerned they are to big for my chameleon. My question is, if the roaches are too big will my chameleon spit them back out or try to choke himself with them? How can I tell if they are too big for him? And what do I do with the big ones I cannot feed? What are the options for those bigger ones??
Breed them :)

Should I still attempt to feed the smaller ones?
Here’s how you can tell if they’re the right size to feed your cham. Look at the space between your cham’s eyes. If the buggies are small enough to fit between his eyes, then it’s an ok size to feed with :).

If you end up buying squishier bugs, like silkworms/hornworms, just a little bigger is ok.

Super easy to breed. Stick in a plastic bin with smooth sides and vent the top, add some fresh veggies or greens, a few TP or paper towel tubes and put in a warm spot. Then just wait and they’ll soon enough make babies.
Oh sounds simple enough. I'll give it a try. I cannot believe I am even considering this due to an intense cock roach phobia! I'm trying to think of these guys as a totally different insect to be able to deal with them.

Oh sounds simple enough. I'll give it a try. I cannot believe I am even considering this due to an intense cock roach phobia! I'm trying to think of these guys as a totally different insect to be able to deal with them.
I have 3 box turtles who love to take care of any of my surplus dubia that get huge?

Nothing to fear! These aren’t house cucarachas, they’re just “feeder beetles”. Completely different ;)

Back
Top Bottom