What to breed for first timers

PaulZarate

Hey guys, I'm really interested in breeding. I've been doing a lot of reading and I know the basics. I know this isn't something you can just jump into.But I want your guys opinions, I already have a male panther but I really don't want to do panther breeding as my first. What would you guys recommend? I want something that'll be hardy, fast, and easy for the topic. I was thinking about Pygmys, what do you guys think?

All I will tell you for sure is don't breed quads until you are a pro. I am far from a pro and my quad just laid. I do have hair left but I don't know why. Breeding veileds was a piece of cake compared to quads.

How long have you had your panther? You want to take a little time before breeding, a lot can go wrong starting with losing your female to being egg bound. I have had that happen and it is not a good way to start.

All I will tell you for sure is don't breed quads until you are a pro. I am far from a pro and my quad just laid. I do have hair left but I don't know why. Breeding veileds was a piece of cake compared to quads.

How long have you had your panther? You want to take a little time before breeding, a lot can go wrong starting with losing your female to being egg bound. I have had that happen and it is not a good way to start.

I've had my panther for about 4 months. But I've had many chams before this. I just decided to get back into them. I know a lot about them, just pretty scared about taking the concept into action. But I am thinking into the future yet. I don't even have a female. I'm thinking about doing this a year from now.

That is great, it will give you time to hear from the people who really know breeding. I am strickly small time.:)

Start off with Veils and then go to Panthers. I am going to start to breed both as soon as they are ready by November / December. :D

I'd go with crickets first then whatever specie you own and like

i second this opinion...its also good to find people that are interested in offspring from your breeders prior to planning to breed...other wise you arent going to make a single cent back from your clutches you could even be out of pocket several hundreds of dollars after all your hard work

you arent going to make a single cent back from your clutches you could even be out of pocket several hundreds of dollars after all your hard work

Could be?
Ha!
Plan on it.
At a hobbyist level, if done properly ... breeding chameleons is no money making proposition!

-Brad

If you have never breed any reptiles and are interested in trying, dont make chameleons for first. Veileds are about the easiest chameleon to hatch in my opinion, but NO cham is easy. Try leopard geckos, there the easiest reptile to breed, hatch, and raise.

Back
Top Bottom