what time does an unbreed female lay her eggs

reptyslick123

i was just gathering imformation and i was just woundering when would a female panther lay her unfertile eggs as you carn't note any dates down to work form also if a female has been breed that year and she lays 3 clutchs will she lay ant more that year and if so will they be fertile.
thanks you Alex:confused:

i was just gathering imformation and i was just woundering when would a female panther lay her unfertile eggs as you carn't note any dates down to work form also if a female has been breed that year and she lays 3 clutchs will she lay ant more that year and if so will they be fertile.
thanks you Alex:confused:

After being breed the first clutch will have the most fertile eggs the second would scale back a bit and the 3rd would have even fewer. In the 4rth none or almost none.

As for the first part of your question it depends on a lot of things. Many of people on this forum talk about how to cut clutches down by adjusting the diet of the chameleon. I'll post a link if I can find the thread.

If you are very observant of your unbred females you can tell when they are receptive or not. Receptive females have a very bright and vivid lateral line in my observations. Once this line fades and their overall colors start to darken I usually flash a male to them. If they turn black they are cycling eggs or just started to. As long as you watch them, you can judge fairly closely when they become unreceptive. From this point it is usually 4 1/2 to 6 weeks from all the dates I have collected.

Some virgin females will stop laying infertile eggs if not bred.

I've had females that go from one clutch to the next with maybe a 2 week receptive period. Some others will wait a month or two. It all depends on your girl, and your husbandry. Keeping a calander with dates helps to predict, or tell if something is a miss.

The absolute best thing you can do though is just leave a laying bin in her cage at all times. This takes the guess work out of things. If she needs to lay she has a spot and for the most part they will.

As far the the fertile clutches. Three cltuches is not a rule set in stone. It depends on how much sperm has been retained from the mating. She may lay one good clutch and another two that are half good, half bad. After she has used up the sperm from the mating she will go back to a receptive state. She either gets bred again and makes fertile eggs again or starts to cycle infertiles.

so all you clutches layed after one pairing sesion will most all likely be fertlie but not all then when the female becomes receptive again any eggs layed after that will be infertlie if no breeding takes place. yes
thanks alot Alex

Back
Top Bottom