What this set up looks like so far

So for all of you that may interact with some of my posts I am supposed to be getting my panther Chamaeleon in April and I wanted to share some photos I think I want to add some vines to put in he has sticks in there but they’re hiding behind my big plant but I wanted to see what you all think so far or if adding vines would be too much let me know thanks ♥️

Attachments

• 1415A4EF-C599-4EC4-83EB-8B5BA0592995.jpeg
    1415A4EF-C599-4EC4-83EB-8B5BA0592995.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 18FE4512-E252-46D1-B105-DBC1F3C1D08C.jpeg
    18FE4512-E252-46D1-B105-DBC1F3C1D08C.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 121
You would definitely want to add some branches or vines in there. It looks good though. What kind of plant is that? The big green one....it is real, isnt it? (I cant really tell but it looks like a flower pot in the bottom. Lol)

I use a Monstera plant as well, you may have to trim some leaves so it doesn't block the UVB where he hangs out.

You would definitely want to add some branches or vines in there. It looks good though. What kind of plant is that? The big green one....it is real, isnt it? (I cant really tell but it looks like a flower pot in the bottom. Lol)
The colorful ones at the top are fake they’re silk plants and I boil those in hot water for about 15 minutes we were placing them in there my main big plant is the real plant and it’s a philodendron I knees room to see if they’re harmful to panther chameleon‘s and they said they were fine it’s huge lmfao and not that badly priced for it to be so big

The colorful ones at the top are fake they’re silk plants and I boil those in hot water for about 15 minutes we were placing them in there my main big plant is the real plant and it’s a philodendron I knees room to see if they’re harmful to panther chameleon‘s and they said they were fine it’s huge lmfao and not that badly priced for it to be so big
A philodendron, huh? Its beautiful.

So for all of you that may interact with some of my posts I am supposed to be getting my panther Chamaeleon in April and I wanted to share some photos I think I want to add some vines to put in he has sticks in there but they’re hiding behind my big plant but I wanted to see what you all think so far or if adding vines would be too much let me know thanks ♥️
Great start! So a few things...

If the plastic is on the inside of the cage this needs to come out and go on the outside. This is high risk for a baby getting trapped in between. I can't tell which it is but just wanted to point it out if it is on the inside.

Also the woven mat on the top you want to pull out. You need branches instead.

What type of fixture and bulb strength are you using for your uvb?

Personally I am against fake plants when they are not actual reptile fake plants. Floral design fakes can leak dye and you do not want baby drinking off these. Also as panthers mature they will chew on branches etc... so fake plants and fake branches are risky. UVB lighting will also fade them out really fast.

Great start! So a few things...

If the plastic is on the inside of the cage this needs to come out and go on the outside. This is high risk for a baby getting trapped in between. I can't tell which it is but just wanted to point it out if it is on the inside.

Also the woven mat on the top you want to pull out. You need branches instead.

What type of fixture and bulb strength are you using for your uvb?

Personally I am against fake plants when they are not actual reptile fake plants. Floral design fakes can leak dye and you do not want baby drinking off these. Also as panthers mature they will chew on branches etc... so fake plants and fake branches are risky. UVB lighting will also fade them out really fast.
I have real branches in there and all of my plants are real except for the silk ones that I bought from a reptile store up at the top and the plastic is clear shower curtains that’s actually on the outside around the cage to try to keep the humidity inside as much as possible my bulbs are these in the photo and the heat lab is 100w by eco smart ?

Attachments

• CFC0ACCA-7E1D-4973-8F40-4AE623704B4F.jpeg
    CFC0ACCA-7E1D-4973-8F40-4AE623704B4F.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 88
I have real branches in there and all of my plants are real except for the silk ones that I bought from a reptile store up at the top and the plastic is clear shower curtains that’s actually on the outside around the cage to try to keep the humidity inside as much as possible my bulbs are these in the photo and the heat lab is 100w by eco smart ?
great what is the measured distance from the uvb to the branches below it? With a 10.0 T5 you need about 11 inches to the basking branch for a 3 uvi level.

Only concern your going to have really is babies like to climb... So baby is going to be very active the first few weeks until he settles. So having that high of a UVB strength directly on the cage top and a 100watt bulb (eco makes me think it might have a reduced output. IF LED this is much less output of heat) with baby climbing the top is going to be a bit too much exposure. consider raising fixtures. With a 10.0 bulb you have to raise it quite a bit at about 6 inches off the top then your basking has to be 5 inches below the top screen. If you reduce your bulb strength to a 5.0 you would raise the fixture 4 inches off the top and then basking branch would be 5 inches below the screen. What this does is makes the UVI level on the screen approximately a 6 UVI so baby is not over exposed. Otherwise levels are going to be too much for an adult much less a baby on a screen. With that said you also want the heat fixture raised a good 4 inches off the top as well. So baby does not get a thermal burn hanging on the screen below it.

This may help you with your layout... https://chameleonacademy.com/case-study-2-x-2-x-4-cage/

I highly recommend Dragon Strands dragon ledges for mounting branches higher. https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/

I love the splashes of color, but like Beman, I much prefer real over fake. Since panthers don’t eat their plants, it does open up more possibilities for adding more colorful live plants. Bromeliads are gorgeous and come in an array of beautiful colors. Nerve plants are also very attractive and I have gotten some in red, pink and white. Variations of wandering Jew are also great for adding color. Getting some Dragon Ledges https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/ will enable yo to add plant pots up higher and make it so much easier to hang branches and vines too. Use the artificial plants on the outside of the enclosure or for a free range area.

Back
Top Bottom