What supplements to use for panther cham?

Chalu

Hello I have a Ambanja Ambilobe hybrid & he seems to like the multivitamins but not the repticalcium without d3 should I switch to the one with d3? or is there ways to go about it without d3.

Also what supplements do you guys prefer? What do you guys use?

The owner used repticalcium with d3

thanks guys

Welcome to the forums. This is a great place to learn about chameleons. Your panther will need plain calcium without D3 the most. Depending on his age and how much outside time he gets is to how often. Babies need it about everyday and adults 2 to 3 times a week depending on how much outside time he gets. If he goes outside allot you want need d3 at all. If he's stickily inside you can lightly dust with it twice a month. Multi vitamins he will need twice a month also. I'm attaching my blog for new keepers and I have a section about supplements down near the bottom.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Welcome to the forums. This is a great place to learn about chameleons. Your panther will need plain calcium without D3 the most. Depending on his age and how much outside time he gets is to how often. Babies need it about everyday and adults 2 to 3 times a week depending on how much outside time he gets. If he goes outside allot you want need d3 at all. If he's stickily inside you can lightly dust with it twice a month. Multi vitamins he will need twice a month also. I'm attaching my blog for new keepers and I have a section about supplements down near the bottom.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Thank you .. so much very helpful.. he's 3.5 months would that still be considered a baby and I should be using calcium + D3 or continue to give him Calcium without d3?

I took him outside today first day he was outside a lot because of the transportation and he hasn't really shown to much issue just likes chewing on plants when he's thristy & doesn't eat to much. ate one cricket today with the calcium, and I handled him outside today and he was calm. he's definitely a softy

You should follow this schedule (basically the same thing jannb said, just diferent format):

Calcium without D3 everyday
Calcium with D3 2x a month (I dust everyother Sunday with D3)
Multivitamin 2x a month (I dust opposite sundays as D3)

I would still dose with the D3 2x a month unless he spends a good amount of time outside each week. My chams only go outside for 2-3 hours a week so I still dust with D3. Someone else may chime in with adequate time in the sun to eliminate the need to dust with D3.

Hello,

Here are my methods and some additional info. I dust any feeders that have a poor calcium to phosphorus ratio with plain calcium. These feeders include but are not limited to crickets, roaches, super worms, meal worms etc. Feeders such as silk worms, butter worms, hornworms, isopods and so on I do not dust.

As for D3. I don't use it at all however my boys are outside at least 8 hours per week, usually more.

I use herptivite multivitamin usually 1-2 times a month along with very good gutloading using a variety of veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds etc. I also vary the gutload and offer a wide variety of feeders.

If you are taking him outside for several hours a week you may not need the D3 or at least can reduce to 1 time per month.

The multivitamin fills in any gaps left by gutloading and should be given consistently about twice a month.

You guys are fantastic help if I have any questions again I'll post! you guys are awesome

Back
Top Bottom