What soil for my plants?

Metalboop

Hello again. I just got my pothos and umbrella. I was looking at soils but not sure which. I know I need organic with no additives or fertilizers, otherwise known as "organic". I saw a couple that say they're organic like miracle grow organic and such. But it says it has natural fertilizer in it. Is this safe?

Or would it be better and easier to just use dirt from outside? ( I live in the middle of the woods so I'm really not worried about chemicals and such).

Plus all the greenhouses/nurseries around me suck. I had to order my plants online (free shipping atleast) so I had no experts to ask. But that's what you guys are for!

Thanks for the help, ben

If you dont mind spending a little money buy Happy Frog Soil!!!Greatest stuff ever, their hole product line is amazing. I guarantee you will have the BEST plants around!!

Happy frog is full of perlite though for drainage, a lot of chams like to shoot perlite, so just watch out. Or use some sort of prevention. I put coco over what ever soil I use.

Coco, peat , sand and vermiculite combined make a nice soil. Most of the time I just do peat and verm. It works. 3 parts peat to about 1/2 - 1 part verm. Coco is a better substitute for peat though. Its eco-friendly and has more natural nutrients. Also, adding stones or hydoton to the bottom of the pot will help with drainage. Goodluck!

Back
Top Bottom