What Size Repti Sun

MeloMarl

Hey everyone, I am planning on buying a repti sun flourescent uvb light today and I was just wondering if I should get the fixture that holds the 24 inch bulb or the fixture that holds the 18 bulb for my 2x2x4 encloser. I would also like to know if the 5.0 or the 10.0 would be better for my 1.5 year old buddy Marley.. Thanks

Personally, I've always gotten a light that goes across the entire enclosure (so 24") but 18" is not that much smaller, so I would get whichever one you prefer. It might depend on which fixtures you find locally, I've always had a slightly harder time finding the 24" ones anywhere except in Home Depot.

I also personally only use the 10.0 Reptisuns. It's still a very safe output of UVB but not as weak as a 5.0, so your chameleon won't have to be within 6-10" from the light to reap any benefits.

Personally, I've always gotten a light that goes across the entire enclosure (so 24") but 18" is not that much smaller, so I would get whichever one you prefer. It might depend on which fixtures you find locally, I've always had a slightly harder time finding the 24" ones anywhere except in Home Depot.

I also personally only use the 10.0 Reptisuns. It's still a very safe output of UVB but not as weak as a 5.0, so your chameleon won't have to be within 6-10" from the light to reap any benefits.

I ended up purchasing the 18 inch 10.0 uvb light but didn't have time to buy the fixture for it. I was thinking of getting the fixture that would fit the 24 inch bulb but it would hang over the sides of the encloser so I just got the smaller one

Back
Top Bottom