What size of cage should an adult be in?

KiyaMarie

I have a 3 month old female veiled chameleon, and right now her enclosure is all screen, 3 ft. tall and 1 ft. wide. I'm wondering if and when I need to get her a bigger enclosure?

For a female veiled your cage should be just fine.

I'm not an expert but from my experience the 2x2x4 XL repti breeze is used more for male panthers.

Maybe a senior member can chime in!

Females generally don't need as large of a cage as males do. The standard 2x2x4 is typically used for male panthers and veileds. However, if you have the space, why not treat your little girl to a nice big cage? I had my female panther in one that size and she LOVED it! Just my 2 cents - if they have to be caged, make it a great one!

With a veiled I would go with the 2x2x4. If it were a carpet, or a Mount Meru Jackson, or one of the smaller species then the smaller one would be just fine. Like was said it's possible to make do with a little smaller cage, but way more difficult IMHO. I would make the change around 5-6 months old the same time you should be preparing for egg laying.

Veiled cham are usually very active,if you can get her a bigger cage,then go for it...but remember,bigger cage needs more vine n stick to fill it in,and it needs more better lighting,n misting,if you dont mind to set all the necessary things up ,then u can go big for ur veiled Mama,why bother for the regular if u can go supersize it :)

Right from the care sheet -
screen cage (length x width x height):

juveniles/sub-adults
: 16x16x30" (40x40x76cm)
adult female minimum: 18x18x36" (45x45x90cm)
adult male minimum: 24x24x48" (60x60x120cm)
You can always go bigger with a cage or "enclosure"

Back
Top Bottom