What size Jungle Dawn.

Hi
I am in the process of setting up the adult enclosure for my male Veiled Chameleon Gary. It is a 24 x 24 x 48 screen enclosure and will have live plants. I have a mist king, 24 watt T5 uvb 12% tube light and a 75 watt heat spot light. I would like to add a Jungle Dawn lamp for light and plant growth but cannot work out which size to get 11, 13 or 22 watt. All available information gives lumen output but not much guidance on what size for what enclosure. So what size do you recomend?

Chris.

Send Todd at lightyourreptiles.com a emai. He will easily be able to answer any question you have about lighting.

Hi there, I have jungle dawns over all my vivs and the plants grow so well, I asked John courtney smith from Arcadia about what size I should use and this was his reply, hope it might be of help. Cheers

'yes this is a fantastic product that works in a way unlike all other branded LED plant growth products. The level of PAR produced in the full spectrum is astounding.

We suggest in terms of maximising plant growth that the 13w is used on 30cm wide vivs. In some cases a single 13w can be used in 45cm wide also. Then depending on plant species the 22w for 45-60cm wide vivs with double lamps being used on vivs any larger

for example on my 90cm pyg viv I use alongside my ProViv canopy 2 22w Jungle dawns.

9w is useful for spotting up in big vivs and for nano sized enclosures.

This method is suitable for vivs of no more than 60cm high. in viv higher you may need to add one more lamp

For vivs 60-90cm high then the 40w spot is the only one that will project energy from light far enough to cause great growth even at the lower levels

John'

Back
Top Bottom