What should I put in his cage

chameleons can see the red light and it keeps them awake at night, there needs to be no light after they go to sleep. also i'd take out that substrate because it could cause impaction. chameleons, especially babies, like to be able to hide, so you might want to put plants all across the cage and have different levels with sticks and vines.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/who-has-best-looking-cage-post-pics-39612/
many of these cages are great examples to take tips from :)
oh and congrats on your new cham!

chameleons can see the red light and it keeps them awake at night, there needs to be no light after they go to sleep. also i'd take out that substrate because it could cause impaction. chameleons, especially babies, like to be able to hide, so you might want to put plants all across the cage and have different levels with sticks and vines.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/who-has-best-looking-cage-post-pics-39612/
many of these cages are great examples to take tips from :)
oh and congrats on your new cham!

As I said previously, true chameleons are no more succeptible to impaction than pygmy chameleons.

Hi leroy welcome and good luck with your little guy. Please understand that the advise you are getting is all 90% accurate and 10% opinion. It is VERY clear that this is your first chameleon and you should open to hear these suggestions and just do what you are advised. I am in no way trying to be rude i just am trying to help you. Most of us here have many chameleons and have made all of these mistakes ourselves. Learn from our mistakes and experience and you will have a killer chameleon, i promise!! I think an updated video of your changes would help for future posts but from what i have read here is my opinion/suggestions. replace the soil for a potted plant. get rid of the bowl cause the water will become infested with bacteria. If you were usin it as a catch for your dripper then have it drip into the potted plant. The little guy would rather drink off the wet leaves anyhow. this will also aid in humidity and cover for hiding. JUNK THAT BULB. use it for parties and on Halloween, not in the enclosure. And with Veileds, 68-70 at night isnt too bad. should be fine there. I dont think the cage is too big, just make sure he isnt having any problems hunting and catching prey items. since he is little i would recommend a clear feeder cup be placed near his favorite spot with 4 or 5 crickets. This will allow you to know exactly how much he is eating. dust w calcium 2 times weekly and calcium+d3 1 time every other week. Please more pics and close up of 'em.
Believe it or not, you are really not too far from getting it perfect. just head our warnings and youll be fine. Good luck bud

Killjoy is spot on. Just one suggestion. use an opaque cup. they tend to shoot the cup when trying to get feeders in clear cups.

P.S. Proper research before buying any pet will save you alot of waisted time, money and aggrevation.

today I bought all the new stuff, Ill make a new video to show everyone.

I did buy a plant I was unsure off, its called a schefflera 'Capeela'. Wondering if its safe..

Back
Top Bottom