What should I do?

Serbianchameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I have a dilemma.. I have an option to givr my female chameleon to a man that has and had a lot of panthers and dealt with situations like my chameleon has ( not shooting tongue and not eating well) and take the healthy female panther instead. I really love her and I literally saved her life and she is fine now. But I want to breed my panthers and I am sure she wont survive laying eggs. She’s extremly skinny and I dont want her to die. The man that wants her wouldnt breed her as they tell me. Should I get a healthy female or just try to with her when she gets to adult age..?

So I have a dilemma.. I have an option to givr my female chameleon to a man that has and had a lot of panthers and dealt with situations like my chameleon has ( not shooting tongue and not eating well) and take the healthy female panther instead. I really love her and I literally saved her life and she is fine now. But I want to breed my panthers and I am sure she wont survive laying eggs. She’s extremly skinny and I dont want her to die. The man that wants her wouldnt breed her as they tell me. Should I get a healthy female or just try to with her when she gets to adult age..?
If you dont think she can handle breeding, certainly dont breed her. Sounds like your plans would do better with a healthy(ier) female.

I definitely agree with @AmandaS . I don't think you should breed her if there is any indication that she might not be able to handle it. And if you are looking into wanting to breed your chams, def should start something w healthy chams. I know it's a tough decision but you can take solace knowing that you helped her recover and that she will be going to a great home.

I will feel so bad if I just surrender and give her to someone else you know.. and 4 chameleons are too much for me.. I mean I would like to have 4 and I have everything to make it work but my girlfriend and family would kill me...

I’m guessing keeping your current lady and just getting another isn’t an option?
No one can really tell you what you should do. The only thing that can be said is if you have concerns that your girl wouldn’t survive breeding, by all means don’t breed her. Think long and hard before deciding and be confident in whatever you decide is best.

I will feel so bad if I just surrender and give her to someone else you know.. and 4 chameleons are too much for me.. I mean I would like to have 4 and I have everything to make it work but my girlfriend and family would kill me...
I understand being attached, but if you have concerns about her breeding, please do not do it to her. And, if 4 panthers are too many......dare I ask.....how will you have room to breed? You'll likely have many more than 4! 😆

If you're dead set on breeding, I would trade with the guy. At least you arent surrounding her to a bad home. You'll be gifting her to someone who can really care for her in exchange for a female that fits your needs...

I understand being attached, but if you have concerns about her breeding, please do not do it to her. And, if 4 panthers are too many......dare I ask.....how will you have room to breed? You'll likely have many more than 4! 😆

If you're dead set on breeding, I would trade with the guy. At least you arent surrounding her to a bad home. You'll be gifting her to someone who can really care for her in exchange for a female that fits your needs...
I will not breed her, thats for sure. Well my breeder will get them in his incubator and he will sell them and he will keep all of them if I dont ask for some of them.. Yeah I will probably trade her I just feel so bad..

I think you know what the right answer is; it's just—understandably—emotionally difficult to follow through.

If girlfriend and family would kill you to have 4, how are they going to feel when you have 20-30 little ones scurrying about for 3 months plus? (All may not hatch at once.) :unsure:

I think you know what the right answer is; it's just—understandably—emotionally difficult to follow through.

If girlfriend and family would kill you to have 4, how are they going to feel when you have 20-30 little ones scurrying about for 3 months plus? (All may not hatch at once.) :unsure:
They will be at my breedes I would take only 2-3 of them for few months.. But the 4th chameleon would be permanent.

Back
Top Bottom