What should I do???

It's very possible, the only way to find out is move him under it again lol. Or maybe he's just stressed from you moving his cage. Whenever I moved the cage my veiled was in she would take a couple days to adjust
Also, when they bask under the heat lamp and uv they turn dark, this is to better absorb the lighting

How dark are we talking? He is usually under the light...

If he is constantly brown, even while he is NOT basking, then he is stressed. If this mainly only occurs while he IS basking then that's normal.
If you are worried or see a decline in health I take a trip to the vets.

hey man, to answer you, I think just let him be were u put him away from the vent, I have a veiled and they get pissy over the slightest things, but he/she will get back to normal eventually,

Well I think I figured out the problem from your other thread. You're using a CFL bulb instead of a linear UVB bulb. CFL doesn't give out enough UVB, and can also hurt their eyes from what I've read.

If your cage has plenty of shade (plants), I'd go with the 10.0 over 5.0. And make sure you get ReptiSun over Exo Terra, etc.

This is what you want (or 5.0). You would need to get a fixture for it too. What are your cage's dimensions?

p-27554-60869-reptile.jpg

Well I think I figured out the problem from your other thread. You're using a CFL bulb instead of a linear UVB bulb. CFL doesn't give out enough UVB, and can also hurt their eyes from what I've read.

If your cage has plenty of shade (plants), I'd go with the 10.0 over 5.0. And make sure you get ReptiSun over Exo Terra, etc.

This is what you want (or 5.0). You would need to get a fixture for it too. What are your cage's dimensions?

p-27554-60869-reptile.jpg

It's an 18x18x36 I think...

Like did you look at mine and think that? And if so what else are you thinking?

Yes that's what I thought when I looked at your pictures. From looking at the forums I've seen multiple threads like this and the answer to why the chameleon is so dark was because of its environment/viv. Change it around and make it adequate for your chameleon and see if it makes a difference. If not, then move onto other reasons. But that's where I'd start :)

Back
Top Bottom