what should i do if my cham has a burn on his feet

bruce the cham

Avid Member
bruce my 1 year old veiled chameleon i think he is 1 year old has a burn on his foot i use all my money to buy him crickets i know thier is a cream that u can use but i dont have the money my birthday is on saturday so would it be fine to wait till then to buy it couse i will probably get money for my birthday

is thier anything i can do to get him to open his feet
I mean if you can get him to reach for something. I dunno... The reason why I am asking for picture is that he would have to be screen climbing the top to get burns on his feet. Most mature males will not do this because they simply weigh too much to hold on to the screen upside down. So if it is not a burn then figuring out what it is would also be important.

I mean if you can get him to reach for something. I dunno... The reason why I am asking for picture is that he would have to be screen climbing the top to get burns on his feet. Most mature males will not do this because they simply weigh too much to hold on to the screen upside down. So if it is not a burn then figuring out what it is would also be important.
he latly has been on top but when i see it i hurry and get him down i dunno how much he ways but he is small for what age i think he is

So if they are still screen climbing the top at that age you have to look at what is not correct with the cage. Something is making them go to the top. Typically related to their feeling of safety in the enclosure.

If it is a burn to the feet then you have to go to a vet. you have to get silver sulfadiazine cream to put on the feet. This not only helps the burn feel better but it treats any underlying infection that can develop. Leaving a burn untreated is not recommended. They can develop extreme infections that can kill them not to mention a burn is painful.

So if they are still screen climbing the top at that age you have to look at what is not correct with the cage. Something is making them go to the top. Typically related to their feeling of safety in the enclosure.

If it is a burn to the feet then you have to go to a vet. you have to get silver sulfadiazine cream to put on the feet. This not only helps the burn feel better but it treats any underlying infection that can develop. Leaving a burn untreated is not recommended. They can develop extreme infections that can kill them not to mention a burn is painful.
are you able to buy the cream anywhere

1% on the silver cream. In the meantime, use neosporin so infection doesnt set in. Also if you have an aloe plant cut a piece and put some of the aloe slime on it after the neosporin has soaked in

Back
Top Bottom