What sex is my 4 month old panther chameleon?

opps.. somebody posted pictures in this thread of a male....yours is the small one... another way to see if it's female there will be small circles in the bars..thats the easiest way for me to tell on a 3 week - 1 month old panther

opps.. somebody posted pictures in this thread of a male....yours is the small one... another way to see if there is small circles in the bars it's female..thats the easiest way for me to tell on a 3 week - 1 month old panther
Thanks tho, i take the compliment hahaha im really curious how will he turn out to be, color wise

opps.. somebody posted pictures in this thread of a male....yours is the small one... another way to see if it's female there will be small circles in the bars..thats the easiest way for me to tell on a 3 week - 1 month old panther
Would you call these the circles around the bar. I sometimes see him with hints of greens and blues

The one in the container is the day I got him/her

Attachments

• AE3AB6F5-80B4-4CCF-8DDF-1B866C9F6F32.jpeg
    AE3AB6F5-80B4-4CCF-8DDF-1B866C9F6F32.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 92
  • EC9E0243-553D-4666-985C-10D2C9F14E3B.jpeg
    EC9E0243-553D-4666-985C-10D2C9F14E3B.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 80
Yeah, I have to agree that it looks male to me. It's still young but I believe the bulge at the base of the tail indicates a male.

I got it three months old, he/she is 5 months old next week
My opinion, at 5 months old you should be able to see if its a male or not! Mine at 4.5 already developed a bulge i believe a bit earlier too, some develope faster at like 3months old. Do you have any recent photo of it? A more clear one

My opinion, at 5 months old you should be able to see if its a male or not! Mine at 4.5 already developed a bulge i believe a bit earlier too, some develope faster at like 3months old. Do you have any recent photo of it? A more clear one
Sorry i do not, and sometimes it doesn’t matter of age. All chameleons can grow at different rate, there’s an article all about that on muchadoaboutchameleons.com

Sorry i do not, and sometimes it doesn’t matter of age. All chameleons can grow at different rate, there’s an article all about that on muchadoaboutchameleons.com
I understand that, thats why i said some develop faster and show colors and sex at 3 month's old, check kammerflage kreation chameleons they have crazy colors at just 3mo. Mine was just a dark basic chameleon that i didn't even know what it was. I know all about late development, trust me. Another thing that might help you is when your chameleon goes to sleep, they change to brighter colors males will usually show more colors. For example mine before it developed colors, it was just dark all the time and at night when he was sleeping he would have brighter colors like in the photo and thats how i started to tell he's a boy. thats an older photo of him going to sleep. Just trying to hep you out a bit.

Attachments

• 20201028_210543.jpg
    20201028_210543.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 65
I understand that, thats why i said some develop faster and show colors and sex at 3 month's old, check kammerflage kreation chameleons they have crazy colors at just 3mo. Mine was just a dark basic chameleon that i didn't even know what it was. I know all about late development, trust me. Another thing that might help you is when your chameleon goes to sleep, they change to brighter colors males will usually show more colors. For example mine before it developed colors, it was just dark all the time and at night when he was sleeping he would have brighter colors like in the photo and thats how i started to tell he's a boy. thats an older photo of him going to sleep. Just trying to hep you out a bit.
No problem, thanks for helping and honestly I’ll just have to wait and see what he is in the future because it is so hard to tell at this age. Nice chameleon!

Back
Top Bottom