What Raiden and Nala left....

See some think they are faly and some think they are crosses. Either way if you think they are crosses they are crosses. If you think they are pure well they are pure. Either way people are still going to take them because of the way he looked, not because of what he produced.

I don't usually involve myself in these debates about other breeders but I was asked by Drew to give my opinion on this.
First off,beautiful healthy looking chameleons no matter what they are.
There are certainly some that don't have the colors that most are coveting in a Faly,Blue,white and the red flecking. I don't know the history of the chameleons used. I am assuming the female was wild caught which leaves the door open for different possibilities. If they are crosses then some may very well show the pure characteristics of a Faly and some may not. There are plenty of variation within a pure clutch. I know what characteristic colors I want in a locale and breed specically for that. It doesn't always work out the way I want but alot of times it does and I add those to my breeding program. I don't use wild caught females anymore because the possibilities are endless. Everyone knows my Ambanjas are mostly blue and I am always trying to infuse as much bue as possible into that. I don't care for yellow in Ambanjas and Faly's except on the lips. This is my personal preferance and not a knock on anyone else's breeding program. I do like Ambilobes with a nice yellow background! Bottom line is those chameleons produced outstanding looking chameleons and no one will know 100% for sure.
I also don't think Drew would mislead anyone about the origin of these chameleons. Just my 2 cents worth!

Raiden and Nala were both CB from Screameleons. Raiden was from Wylde and Nala from Slash. The mothers on both sides were WC and this is where I think the crossing occured if some are showing the strong reds.

I definitely appreciate the input Chuck. Whatever they are they did turn out pretty awesome.

I don't usually involve myself in these debates about other breeders but I was asked by Drew to give my opinion on this.
First off,beautiful healthy looking chameleons no matter what they are.
There are certainly some that don't have the colors that most are coveting in a Faly,Blue,white and the red flecking. I don't know the history of the chameleons used. I am assuming the female was wild caught which leaves the door open for different possibilities. If they are crosses then some may very well show the pure characteristics of a Faly and some may not. There are plenty of variation within a pure clutch. I know what characteristic colors I want in a locale and breed specically for that. It doesn't always work out the way I want but alot of times it does and I add those to my breeding program. I don't use wild caught females anymore because the possibilities are endless. Everyone knows my Ambanjas are mostly blue and I am always trying to infuse as much bue as possible into that. I don't care for yellow in Ambanjas and Faly's except on the lips. This is my personal preferance and not a knock on anyone else's breeding program. I do like Ambilobes with a nice yellow background! Bottom line is those chameleons produced outstanding looking chameleons and no one will know 100% for sure.
I also don't think Drew would mislead anyone about the origin of these chameleons. Just my 2 cents worth!

I totally agree with your statement about using wc females Chuck. I wont purchse any wc females any longer myself for that very reason. Your taking such a chance with f'n up your pure lines.

I guess I will do it then I will get wc females and prove them out.. there is no reason for the rush to sell them if you are just trying to help the blood lines out. ... We have to have new blood guys and if we don't get it in we are screwed.... JMO. And I want to help the lines not condemn them to line breeding ...:(

Spectacular animals, is all I have to say. If I ever buy another panther male I'm just going to "go big or go home" and invest in a Faly. They are to die for, each and every one of them. I LOVE the variety from one to another, to be perfectly honest. I am sick and tired of Ambilobes, most of them look sooo similar from one to the other unless they fire up, and I have had my fill of the same red, green, and blue. These guys on the other hand are so exciting to look at, because you get so much variety of white, blues, reds, yellows (one has purples, which is insane)... I know I'm probably not the only one that can't get enough.

Who cares what they are, man. I'll pay what I have to for any of those gems.

sorry to hear you lost your girl. I am sure she had an awesome life with you and you get to see a little part of her everyday in her offspring. RIP Nala Beautiful chams by the way!

I guess I will do it then I will get wc females and prove them out.. there is no reason for the rush to sell them if you are just trying to help the blood lines out. ... We have to have new blood guys and if we don't get it in we are screwed.... JMO. And I want to help the lines not condemn them to line breeding ...:(

I feel like I can diversify my lines enough thru adding wc males. Im not in a hurry to sell my offspring man. But I just cant house 70+ offspring for over 7 mos to proove them out. Im limited on space and last yr I had a female triple clutch on me. So if a wc does that Im going to be trying to proove out over 60 falys in my home. Plus house my breeders. At this time thats not feasible for my situation. Thats why I cant use wc females anymore til I can proove everything out like you can. It comes down to your ability to house that many sub adults for that long a period of time.

I feel like I can diversify my lines enough thru adding wc males. Im not in a hurry to sell my offspring man. But I just cant house 70+ offspring for over 7 mos to proove them out. Im limited on space and last yr I had a female triple clutch on me. So if a wc does that Im going to be trying to proove out over 60 falys in my home. Plus house my breeders. At this time thats not feasible for my situation. Thats why I cant use wc females anymore til I can proove everything out like you can. It comes down to your ability to house that many sub adults for that long a period of time.

Lol I understand man. I have 2 clutches of ch falys and 2 going on 3 ambanja clutches going too. I had to make room lol. As soon as reptoman is done with my baby raise you need to see this thing man you can house 20 babies for a good long time until they need to be moved to a regular big cage:) as soon as he is done and I set it up check it out you could use one too ;)

Back
Top Bottom