What pets do you own?

First up we have Cami my 1.5 year female veiled, then Del Sol my 1 year male veiled (atop my boyfriend's head... he's a pet too, right? :p ). Then we have Bagheera my 4 month old male ambilobe, Bean my now 3 year old Musk turtle, then finally Herp and Derp, my 3 week old Red-Eared Sliders. Love my little zoo!

Last edited:
First up we have Cami my 1.5 year female veiled, then Del Sol my 1 year male veiled (atop my boyfriend's head... he's a pet too, right? :p ). Then we have Bagheera my 4 month old male ambilobe, Bean my now 3 year old Musk turtle, then finally Herp and Derp, my 3 week old Red-Eared Sliders. Love my little zoo!

How big of enclosure do you have your RES's in? 10 gallons per inch of shell I hope. Even at 3 weeks old they are fantastic swimmers.

The pic you see of them is when we found them in the road. I have been rescuing and releasing them to the wild since I was about 15 lol. They are very well kept in a 10 gallon observation tank currently. I can watch how healthy they are for several weeks. They then go to a 29 gallon after I approve of their health. Once their shells reach a 2.5 inch diameter, they are released to a large pond far from roads! I re-captured one of my old turtles last weekend, we keep records of their shell markings :)

11 melleri (2 known males, 4 we strongly believe to be female and the rest are guesses)
4 veileds (2.2)
2 panthers (1.1 Nosy Be)
2 Jackson's (1.1)
0.1 flapneck cham
26 k.multi eggs
55 veiled eggs

1.0 pastel ball python
1.1 leopard geckos
2 ferrets
3 gerbils

1000's of crickets, dubia, superworms, mealworms ... plus a lot of spiders are moving in to partake of our bug buffett ... (the escapees)

Going to the Vegas reptile expo next week. Hope to add a ball python and another female veiled to the menagerie ...

-Male BB Ambilobe Panther Chameleon.. Loki
-Male Veiled Chameleon.. Bodhi
-Unknown Sex Crested Gecko.. No Name, any ideas?
-Female Jack Russell Terrier.. Lily
-Male Jack Russell Terrier.. Jack

11 melleri (2 known males, 4 we strongly believe to be female and the rest are guesses)
4 veileds (2.2)
2 panthers (1.1 Nosy Be)
2 Jackson's (1.1)
0.1 flapneck cham
26 k.multi eggs
55 veiled eggs

1.0 pastel ball python
1.1 leopard geckos
2 ferrets
3 gerbils

1000's of crickets, dubia, superworms, mealworms ... plus a lot of spiders are moving in to partake of our bug buffett ... (the escapees)

Going to the Vegas reptile expo next week. Hope to add a ball python and another female veiled to the menagerie ...

You miss, are a Melleri hoarder. :b

5 bluetick coonhound/black lab pups
had 1 bluetick but someone stole her:mad:
5 cats dont worry they are all outside they are my moms:rolleyes:
fish
1 tarantula
2 veild chameleons
1 guinea pig
1 blue heeler
1 red heeler mix
1 miniture schnouzer
2 tom (male) turkeys
1 hen turkey with 9 chicks
6 flying squirrels
25 chickens
3 goats 2 of them are pregnant
2 horses
and thats about it :p:p

5 bluetick coonhound/black lab pups
had 1 bluetick but someone stole her:mad:
5 cats dont worry they are all outside they are my moms:rolleyes:
fish
1 tarantula
2 veild chameleons
1 guinea pig
1 blue heeler
1 red heeler mix
1 miniture schnouzer
2 tom (male) turkeys
1 hen turkey with 9 chicks
6 flying squirrels
25 chickens
3 goats 2 of them are pregnant
2 horses
and thats about it :p:p

and a partridge in a pair tree!

5.5.5 ball python morphs (with 10 eggs cooking and 2 more expected clutches later in the year)
0.0.1 aru gtp
0.1 iran jaya carpet python
0.1 striped hypo hogg island boa
2.1 hognose snakes
1.0 false water cobra
1.2 crots
3.1 vield chams
0.0.2 panther chams
1.0 rose hair tarantula
0.0.3 frogs i found in the home depot parking lot
2.0 sulcatas
0.1 savana monitor
1.0 potbellied pig
0.0.1 shamrock macaw
0.0.1 red lored amazon
1.0 african meyers parrot
0.1 black headed/capped caique
0.0.1 love bird
2.3 cockatiels
1.1 budgies
1.1 dogs(small mutts)
0.1 fiance
and a bunch of rats mice and bugs(feeders)

Last edited:
4 Male Panthers (Ambilobe, Faly, 2x Ambanja)
1 West African Mud Turtle
1 Hypo-Red Eared Slider
1 Stinkpot Musk Turtle
1 Razorback Musk Turtle
1 Pink-Bellied Side Neck Turtle
1 Mississippi Map Turtle
1 Reeves Turtle
2 Concentric Diamondback Terrapins
1 Northern Red-Bellied Turtle
3 African Clawed Frogs
1 Pomeranian (almost 15 years old)

A ton of feeders. :D

Getting another ambilobe soon... lol

Scarlet macaw m
Caloshua macaw f
Yellow naped amazon m
Long hair dachshund f
Chihuahua mix m
Flemish giant rabbit f
Netherlands dwarf rabbit f
Red coastal iguana m
Armadillo lizard m
Pixie frog m
Tiger salamander m
Bearded dragons 1m 1f 16 babies
Jackson's Cham m
Panther Cham f
Axylotle salamanders 2f 1m
3 salt fishes :)

Veiled Chameleon
2 Red Earred Slider Turtles
1 Tortoise
1 Basset Hound
3 cats (Mixed breeds)
Green Cheek Conjure
Fresh Water Planted Aquarium
Salt Water Reef Aquarium

Do Venus Flytraps count?

I feel like I am missing a pet. Good thing there is an 'edit' button :)

We have had various other types of pets in the past too, this is just right now.

As of last night i need to add a versicolor tarantula and a curly hair and a golden knee as well. But i need to subtract the blue eyed mountian horned dragon:(

1 male Jackson
3 green anoles
1 male jack Russell
1 female cairn terrier
2 monkeys (Grace & Noah) really just my kids.

I feel like I am here under false pretences, as a child I always had a house full of mammals (usually cats, dogs, rabbits, hamsters, gerbils and rats) and I always assumed I'd at least have a couple of cats when I got older, to the point that when I first left home to go to uni I used to get cat magazines every month.

Then I met my husband (who stole me from uni) and found out he had a severe lung disease and respiratory allergies and there was no way we could have a furred or feathered pet without severely compromising his health. It actually took me a good couple of years to come to terms with it, looking back I went through all the classical stages of grief! Then I got broody, so we had a couple of children as kitten-substitutes.

Then my wonderful husband made the mistake of buying me two (CB) Russian tortoises for my 30th birthday, to which I added a gecko, a dragon, then a couple more geckos, then we moved to the US, and I added a chameleon and soon a ball python...

So I adore my reptiles, but respect that by their nature they are not affectionate animals and have had no reason to evolve as such.

well ... we take in some in pretty rough shape. a lot of people wouldn't want to spend their time or money on them ...

but yeah, we do have quite a collection of them roaming around ... ;-)

It's always nice to share... with me. ;) ha ha You and your husband are doing a great thing! I don't know if you seen on Facebook, but I just got done rescuing three Bearded Dragons, and two Ornate Box Turtles. Oh and some Hissing Cockroaches. ha ha

Back
Top Bottom