What Next?

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a great day :) Mango, my chameleon, is doing great, but I was wondering if there was anything "extra" to do. For instance, taking him outside in the sun on a plant, and other things like that. I guess my question is after all of your husbandry is correct, what extra luxuries could you do for your chamelon? Would they wanna join you on a walk? Please give some ideas!

I built an outside cage and I let him hang out in it when the weather allows. Before building this cage I built smaller creations out of bamboo to give him something to hang out on outside so he could get some natural sunlight. I did also once bring him for a car ride to my local pet store to show the owner who wanted to see him, using one of my bamboo creations on my passenger seat for him to hang out on.

Attachments

• PXL_20210515_220420752.jpg
    PXL_20210515_220420752.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20200626_192244.jpg
    IMG_20200626_192244.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20200707_195936.jpg
    IMG_20200707_195936.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 80
I built an outside cage and I let him hang out in it when the weather allows. Before building this cage I built smaller creations out of bamboo to give him something to hang out on outside so he could get some natural sunlight. I did also once bring him for a car ride to my local pet store to show the owner who wanted to see him, using one of my bamboo creations on my passenger seat for him to hang out on.
Might be the angle but it looks like your cham might be a tad overweight? Again, it could just be me.

I agree with not taking for a walk. Outside is great, but I'd suggest an enclosure; butterfly cages are inexpensive for the short term.

Please do not leave unattended even for a minute, and research ahead of time what kinds of predators/scavengers may lurk in your environs—cats (domestic and wild), unleashed dogs, coyote, corvids, raptors, raccoons, foxes, badgers, skunks, pumas, weasel(kind), wolverines, Tazmanian devils, sasquatches, etc.

Back
Top Bottom