What misting systems do you recommend?

FloodedYeti

I've looked through the sponsored section and found mist king and I'm looking for a automatic system for a 2x2x4 cage for a panther cham but all the stuff on the site looks complicated and I don't want to buy a bunch of unneeded upgrades

All you need is the mistking starter kit. a bucket of some sort as a reservoir. and a drill bit that is 9/16 to drill the reservoir hole. It is very easy to set up. :)

IMG_2587.jpg IMG_2588.jpg

My opinion is that you would be better off buying the individual components. The misting system in the kit looks like overkill for a 24x24 enclosure, and the lighting(specifically the T5) might might be a bit undersized.

The Mistking starter kit will include almost everything you need. All you would need to decide is what kind of water reservoir you want and purchase it. Your seconds timer will seem complicated at first but once you get the hang of it you will love it.

I like my Climist it's still going strong after many years. My SO likes his MistKings one that was bought used died after many years.
I think you get a better seal more easily on a reservoir with flat sides but I've managed on the food safe buckets from Lowes or HD.

My opinion is that you would be better off buying the individual components. The misting system in the kit looks like overkill for a 24x24 enclosure, and the lighting(specifically the T5) might might be a bit undersized.

I agree with this. I'd build the kit myself. The FLChams extreme kit has an undersized linear UVB fixture and the ultimate mistking packaged with it has a lot of accessories you wont need. The starter kit mistking system is what I use for two enclosures. The ultimate kit is geared more toward multiple enclosures or many sprayer nozzles.

I personally for the enclosure I went with a DIYcages.com 48" tall cage, Dual 24" linear fixture with arcadia bulbs from lightyourreptiles.com, standard dome fixture for heat, starter mistking, and lots of live plants.

Supplements, I recently switched to Repashy Calcium Plus LoD for daily use to cover Calcium, multivitamins, and D3.

For drainage, I removed the DIYcages floor and use a washing machine drain pan from a local hardware store. Drilled a few holes near the center for water to drain into a Storage bin which I empty every few days. I have the enclosure sitting on 2 stainless steel bakers racks ziptied together to make a cage stand (since I couldn't find a rack with a 24" X 24" dimension...). Water collects in the drain pan and flows down to the collection bin through the wire rack.

I think between the cage, lighting, and mister I spent about $300. Personally, I think this sounds better than the $500 plus FLchams is charging. The majority of that cost is from the mistking system they put in that package.

This is the setup that I'll be using when I configure all my stuff. And Becca, I love how you document EVERYTHING with pictures right down to the drill bit you used.
LOL I am very visual so I figured others are too and it is easier with some things to see it then implement it :)

Back
Top Bottom