WHAT MISTING mistking SCHEDULE FOR PANTHER CHAMELEON? HELP

sarie

i spray for one and thirty second an hour before his light turn off, and for two minutes before bed. then i spray at 10:30 pm for two minutes and at 2:30 am for two minutes. i did this bc i was recommended by people and breeders that spraying at night also is more realistic. HOWEVER, mt chameleon keeps licking the branches and leaves and when i manually spray him he drinks right up like he’s so thirsty. please what’s the best for an ambilobe.

"its per chameleon"

Some run and hide when it "rains" and come out and drink afterwards

Others will literally take eyeball spinning showers while its misting

Some chams will start drinking at 15-30 seconds

Some chameleons wont drink unless its a 5 minute shower

There are no "rules" but here are some pointers

Figure out how your chameleon drinks, and make sure they get at least 2 drinks a day

If you are misting to keep humidity up, make sure the cage dries out between mistings in order to keep mold down.

I do a long 5min soak as my alarm clock, right before the lights turn on

I also have 2-3 1 min soaks during the day in winter to keep the humidity above 30%

And then i have another 5min soak around cham bed time ( a few hours before lights out)

I do not mist after dark, but there is nothing wrong with misting at night, as long as the cage dries out between mistings.

I usually mist 3 times a day for 60 secs. Once at 11:30 pm, 7:30 Am, right after it’s lights turn on. And 4:30 pm. I’ll sometimes go in and hand mist too. I also always have a dripper running for my chams incase they get thirsty in between.

Just let your Cham figure itself out. you’ve had it for only a few days, correct?

Back
Top Bottom